Achievement motivation, sports-related future orientation, and sporting career
- Investigating of Relationships between Attitudes towards Physics Laboratories, Motivation and Amotivation for the Class Engagement. Eryilmaz, Ali; Yildiz, Ismail; Akin, Sedef // Eurasian Journal of Physics & Chemistry Education;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p59
The aim of this study is to examine the relationships between high school students' attitudes towards physics laboratories, their motivation and amotivation levels for the class engagement. The study was carried out on 114 male and 180 female (total 294) adolescents attending high schools and...
- No-Pass, No-Drive Laws Spreading. Zehr, Many Ann // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p1
The article discusses U.S. state laws which require students with drivers licenses to meet certain academic and attendance requirements in order to maintain their driving privileges. It provides comments from education researcher Yael Kidron on student motivation, high school student Clynt Goins...
- Juniors dominate Powder Puff '07. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p1B
The article reports on the 2007 Power Puff game between high school seniors and juniors in Burnet, Texas.
- Freshman 7-on-7 claim state, Kuhn and Styron qualify for state. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/18/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p1B
The article reports that the Burnet freshman 7-on-7 team has won in the state tournament in Texas.
- Another Benefit of Sports Participation. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the results of studies on the benefits that high school students get from sports participation.
- High School Student Athletes: Associations Between Intensity of Participation and Health Factors. Pyle, Renee P.; McQuivey, Ross W.; Brassington, Glenn S.; Steiner, Hans // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p697
This paper addresses and compares the impact of organized, more intensive sports participation with lower intensity participation among high school student-athletes. Subjects included 770 high school students who reported being active in organized school sports. Mental health, physical health,...
- mogul mugs. // Munday Courier (TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p4
A photograph is presented which depicts high school students who are involved in various intramurals in Texas.
- High School Sports Report. // Munday Courier (TX);2/21/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Munday Relays Only event will be on February 24, 2007 in Munday, Texas.
- Girls sports. // Pediatrics for Parents;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
Discusses the advantages of high school girls' participation in school sports. Reduced probability of pregnancy; Increased chances of graduating from high school.