Achievement motivation, sports-related future orientation, and sporting career
- Investigating of Relationships between Attitudes towards Physics Laboratories, Motivation and Amotivation for the Class Engagement. Eryilmaz, Ali; Yildiz, Ismail; Akin, Sedef // Eurasian Journal of Physics & Chemistry Education;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p59
The aim of this study is to examine the relationships between high school students' attitudes towards physics laboratories, their motivation and amotivation levels for the class engagement. The study was carried out on 114 male and 180 female (total 294) adolescents attending high schools and...
- No-Pass, No-Drive Laws Spreading. Zehr, Many Ann // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p1
The article discusses U.S. state laws which require students with drivers licenses to meet certain academic and attendance requirements in order to maintain their driving privileges. It provides comments from education researcher Yael Kidron on student motivation, high school student Clynt Goins...
- Juniors dominate Powder Puff '07. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p1B
The article reports on the 2007 Power Puff game between high school seniors and juniors in Burnet, Texas.
- Another Benefit of Sports Participation. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the results of studies on the benefits that high school students get from sports participation.
- High School Student Athletes: Associations Between Intensity of Participation and Health Factors. Pyle, Renee P.; McQuivey, Ross W.; Brassington, Glenn S.; Steiner, Hans // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p697
This paper addresses and compares the impact of organized, more intensive sports participation with lower intensity participation among high school student-athletes. Subjects included 770 high school students who reported being active in organized school sports. Mental health, physical health,...
- mogul mugs. // Munday Courier (TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p4
A photograph is presented which depicts high school students who are involved in various intramurals in Texas.
- High School Sports Report. // Munday Courier (TX);2/21/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Munday Relays Only event will be on February 24, 2007 in Munday, Texas.
- Spike sister. Rentmeester, Marlien // Seventeen;Mar95, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p88
Profiles the members of California's Newport Harbor High School volleyball team. Work out activities; Details of how the team prepare for a match; Key to the team's success. INSET: Leader of the pack, by M.R..
- Hedley athletes to advance to region. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/19/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p7
The article reports on the advancement of three Hedley High School students to regional from the Area meet held in Panhandle on April 11, 2007 in Texas.