Achievement motivation, sports-related future orientation, and sporting career
- Investigating of Relationships between Attitudes towards Physics Laboratories, Motivation and Amotivation for the Class Engagement. Eryilmaz, Ali; Yildiz, Ismail; Akin, Sedef // Eurasian Journal of Physics & Chemistry Education;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p59
The aim of this study is to examine the relationships between high school students' attitudes towards physics laboratories, their motivation and amotivation levels for the class engagement. The study was carried out on 114 male and 180 female (total 294) adolescents attending high schools and...
- No-Pass, No-Drive Laws Spreading. Zehr, Many Ann // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p1
The article discusses U.S. state laws which require students with drivers licenses to meet certain academic and attendance requirements in order to maintain their driving privileges. It provides comments from education researcher Yael Kidron on student motivation, high school student Clynt Goins...
- Girls sports. // Pediatrics for Parents;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
Discusses the advantages of high school girls' participation in school sports. Reduced probability of pregnancy; Increased chances of graduating from high school.
- Juniors dominate Powder Puff '07. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p1B
The article reports on the 2007 Power Puff game between high school seniors and juniors in Burnet, Texas.
- Hedley athletes to advance to region. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/19/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p7
The article reports on the advancement of three Hedley High School students to regional from the Area meet held in Panhandle on April 11, 2007 in Texas.
- Freshman 7-on-7 claim state, Kuhn and Styron qualify for state. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/18/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p1B
The article reports that the Burnet freshman 7-on-7 team has won in the state tournament in Texas.
- Sallying Forth from the Desert Kingdom. Jacobs, Isgak // International Educator;Dec2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
The article reports that several high school students from Advanced Learning Schools in Saudi Arabia visited Cape Town, South Africa to experience local cultural and water sports activities.
- Another Benefit of Sports Participation. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the results of studies on the benefits that high school students get from sports participation.
- Spike sister. Rentmeester, Marlien // Seventeen;Mar95, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p88
Profiles the members of California's Newport Harbor High School volleyball team. Work out activities; Details of how the team prepare for a match; Key to the team's success. INSET: Leader of the pack, by M.R..