Social movements: Revolution, reform and reaction
- Merely anecdotal. // American Scholar;Spring92, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p167
Presents the essay `Merely Anecdotal,' by Aristides.
- Pan-Africanism--Land and Power. Carmichael, Stokely // Black Scholar;Fall/Winter97, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p58
Present an essay entitled `Pan-Africanism--Land and Power,' which was written by the author. Background information on the author.
- Invited commentary. Holden, Janice Miner // Counseling & Values;Jan1993, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p78
Responds to an article written by Douglas C. Smith, entitled `Exploring the Religious-Spiritual Needs of the Dying.' Smith's success in his goal of providing counselors with specific tools to help dying patients explore spiritual resources; Contradictions in Smith's arguments.
- McCandless's response to `Soul Healing: A Model of... McCandless, J. Bardarah // Counseling & Values;Jan1993, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p83
Discusses the article `Soul Healing: A Model of Feminist Therapy,' by Patricia M. Berliner. Need to recognize certain authoritarian aspects of the Roman Catholic tradition in order to understand the ideas in the article.
- A very selfish grief. Slevin, Debbie // Essence (Essence);Jan1997, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p40
Presents a story about a man's battle against AIDS and how his greatest display of courage has made him live in denial.
- Red dirt on my feet. Manuel, Earthlyn Marsel // Essence (Essence);Jan1997, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p42
Presents the author's personal narratives about her experiences during her visit to Auroville, India.
- Rolling along. Frazier Sr., Brian // Essence (Essence);Jan1997, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p44
Presents the author's personal narratives about how he struggled from an accident that changed his life. Lessons the author learned from the accident.
- Glass house dept. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p39
Presents excerpts from the essay `Six Steps to Better Writing.' Importance of figures of speech.
- The Prospects for Personalized Medicine. YURKIEWICZ, SHARA // Hastings Center Report;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p14
The article ponders on the concept of personalized medicine and the efforts being done by the U.S. government to support such program in 2010. Such type of medicine will be based on such information as laboratory test results, family history, and patient's values. The U.S. Food and Drug...
- Personalized Medicine's Ragged Edge. FLECK, LEONARD M. // Hastings Center Report;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p16
The author expresses his views on issues of justice raised by personalized medicine in the U.S. in 2010. According to The Hastings Center co-founder Daniel Callahan, ragged edge was a problem of medical advancement 20 years ago and has now emerged as a personalized medicine issue. The author...