Social movements: Revolution, reform and reaction
- Trading HR skills for mutual benefit. Mezzacappa, Kathrine // People Management;8/29/96, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p28
Presents the essay `Trading HR skills for mutual benefit.' INSET: Sharpening operations, by Jane Pickard..
- C. S. Lewis on Mere Science. Aeschliman, M.D. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1998, Issue 86, p16
Opinion. Discusses the contents of the essay `The Abolition of Man,' by C.S. Lewis. Anti-science views of the author of the essay; Appreciation of mere science; Science deified; Temptation to defy science; Lewis' love of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
- The divine right to occupy the land. Cotton, John // Divine Right to Occupy the Land;2009, p4
Reprints the article `God's Promise to his Plantation,' which appeared in the `Massachusetts History Sociable Collections,' Fourth series, Volume IV., 1858. Scriptural evidences in favor of colonizing other parts of the world.
- Digression in Mallarme. Elbon, Andrew // Substance: A Review of Theory & Literary Criticism;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p74
Reviews the essay `La Goire,' by Marcel Benabou.
- The Art of Survival: The Translation of Walter Benjamin. Fl�che, Betsy // Substance: A Review of Theory & Literary Criticism;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p95
Reviews the essay `The Task of the Translator,' by Walter Benjamin.
- Archaeology's publication problems. Buccellati, Giorgio // Near Eastern Archaeology;Jun98, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p118
Reviews the essay `Archaeology's Publication Problems,' edited by J. Aviram and H. Shanks.
- No One Is Perfect. Traxler, Samuel // ASHA Leader;8/2/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p55
An essay is presented regarding autism. The author says that autism chooses its victims at birth and starts to affect brain flow through an uninterrupted knocking of ideas that flow to a person's mind. He mentions that he struggles from autism daily, but it also did something amazing and...
- Rejoinder: `Abraham, Aristotle, and God': Redux. Mleynek, Sherryll S. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Winter95, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p851
Presents Sherryll S. Mleynek's reply to `Katharsis and the Akedah' which was compiled by Michael Caspi and Kenneth Kramer. Mleyneck's claim that her argument was distorted; Numeric listing of points made by Caspi and Kramer.
- Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: 10 Tips for Effective Lobbying. Lindgren, Jonathan // American Family Physician;7/1/97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p291
Presents the essay `Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: 10 Tips for Effective Lobbying.'
- Falling forward. Makkar, Sumi // American Family Physician;7/1/97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p293
Presents an essay `Falling Forward.'