Social movements: Revolution, reform and reaction
- Archaeology's publication problems. Buccellati, Giorgio // Near Eastern Archaeology;Jun98, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p118
Reviews the essay `Archaeology's Publication Problems,' edited by J. Aviram and H. Shanks.
- Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: 10 Tips for Effective Lobbying. Lindgren, Jonathan // American Family Physician;7/1/97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p291
Presents the essay `Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: 10 Tips for Effective Lobbying.'
- Falling forward. Makkar, Sumi // American Family Physician;7/1/97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p293
Presents an essay `Falling Forward.'
- Merely anecdotal. // American Scholar;Spring92, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p167
Presents the essay `Merely Anecdotal,' by Aristides.
- African feminism under siege. Idoye, Patrick E. // Black Scholar;Spring95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p55
Reviews the essay `Go Tell it to Women: An Epic Drama for Women,' by Tess Akaeke Onwueme.
- White Racism and `The Cosby Show': A critique. Nelson, Carlos; George, Hermon // Black Scholar;Spring95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p59
Reviews the essay `White Racism and the Cosby Show,' by Mike Budd and Clay Steinman.
- Pan-Africanism--Land and Power. Carmichael, Stokely // Black Scholar;Fall/Winter97, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p58
Present an essay entitled `Pan-Africanism--Land and Power,' which was written by the author. Background information on the author.
- In Defense of My Passion. Gasiorowski, Janik // Bowhunter;Nov98 Supplement, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p90
Presents the essay `In Defense of My Passion,' which was written as part of an application for admission to Duke University by a teenager from Connecticut.
- The wave of the past. Falcoff, M. // Commentary;Jan1991, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p38
Opinion. Refutes collection of essays written in 1968 `Struggle Against History: United States Foreign Policy in an Age of Revolution,' by a group of New Left historians which argued that Communism would solve Third World economic problems. Cites several instances where the opposite happened.
- Invited commentary. Holden, Janice Miner // Counseling & Values;Jan1993, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p78
Responds to an article written by Douglas C. Smith, entitled `Exploring the Religious-Spiritual Needs of the Dying.' Smith's success in his goal of providing counselors with specific tools to help dying patients explore spiritual resources; Contradictions in Smith's arguments.