Warning signs ahead for British cars
Tags: AUTOMOBILE industry
- Car finance sales leap in second quarter. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Oct97, p10
Reports on the increase in the number of new car sales on finance in Great Britain in the second quarter of 1997. Comparative figures from Equifax HPI; Similar increase in used car finance sales; Gains by the commercial vehicle finance market.
- Jump in new car finance sales. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p10
Announces an increase in new car finance sales in Great Britain in the third quarter of 1997 as compared with that of the same period of 1996. Factors influencing the rise in car sales.
- Automotive plant. // Professional Engineering;01/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the construction of a new automotive plant in Great Britain for Stadco Takao Europe.
- Hybrids ride demand boom. // Professional Engineering;01/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the success of car-truck hybrids made by American automobile manufacturers. Volume of sales on the overseas market; Launching of new models.
- Minister moves on scrap cars. // Professional Engineering;02/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the appeal made by Consumer Minister Nigel Griffith to the car industry to change the way vehicles are designed, manufactured and scrapped. Aims of the appeal; Reference to the number of car scrapped in Great Britain yearly; Information on the accord signed by Griffith, with the...
- Warning signs. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug97, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p8
Comments on the possible impact of changes in the automobile industry on automotive factory workers. Factors that may influence the survival of an automobile manufacturer; Impact of the highly competitive automobile market; Excerpts from William Wolman and Anne Colamosca's book `The Judas...
- August in the French auto industry. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug97, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p36
Reports on news developments related to the automobile industry in France as of August 1997. Renovation of automobile manufacturing plants; Maintenance and repair of automobile-making equipment; Installation of new equipment.
- Assembly plants: How they compare. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug97, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p54
Presents an overview of the study of assembly plant productivity in North America in 1996. Top ten car and truck assembly plants; Labor cost per vehicle; Trends in automobile design; Increased automobile production capacity.
- In other news. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar1998, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p58
Presents brief reports related to automotive manufacturing and production. Includes Society of Automotive Engineers' election of Ronald K. Leonard as president; Coopers Industries' acquisition of Lucas Electrical Systems; Essex Specialty Products Inc.'s opening of a plant in Brazil; Award of...
- Driving demand. Robinet, Michael E. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jun98, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on the automobile industry within the United States and Canada pertaining to the demand for light-vehicles within these markets. Factors influencing this trend; Impact this trend will have on North American automobile sales; Details on light truck production; Information on...