Patterns of geographic mobility of persons with AIDS in Canada from time of AIDS index diagnosis
- It's in the mail. // Advocate;9/5/95, Issue 689, p15
Reports on the National Association for People With AIDS' launching of a toll-free telephone service called MedExpress, which would provide AIDS patients with vitamins, nutrients, and prescription drugs at discount prices. Delivery system; Product supplier.
- Survival among AIDS patients with and without non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and NHL-HIV-negative patients. Cornejo-Ju�re, Patricia; Volkow-Fern�ndez, Patricia; Avil�s-Salas, Alejandro; Calder�n-Flores, Ernesto // BMC Cancer;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pA40
An abstract of the article |Survival among AIDS patients with and without non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and NHL-HIV-negative patients,|by Patricia Cornejo-Ju�rez, Patricia Volkow-Fern�ndez, Alejandro Avil�s-Salas, and Ernesto Calder�n-Flores is presented.
- The Clinical Profile of End-Stage AIDS. Welch, Kathleen; Kissinger, Patricia; Bessinger, Ruth; Dascomb, Kristin; Morse, Anne; Gleckler, Elisabeth // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb1998, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p125
Presents a study which examined the clinical profile of end-stage acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) in patients prior to their death. Evaluation of the prevalence of and first-time acquisition of AIDS-defining conditions 12 months prior to death; Results of the study; Comparison of...
- CONCERN GROWS OVER DRUG-RESISTANT CANDIDIASIS. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb1998, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p149
Reports that concern over drug-resistant oral candidiasis (thrush) has been raised by the National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA). Studies which NAPWA alert cited; Recommendation made by the association; Contact information for patients requesting a copy of NAPWA's thrush brochure.
- SUBSTANDARD CARE PREVALENT. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p513
Reports that results of the National Human Immunodeficiency Virus/ Acquired Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS) Treatment Survey shows that one in four patients with HIV is not being treated according to recommended guidelines. Sponsors of the survey; Conclusion that women and minority...
- Strategies for Long-Term Patient Management. Saag, Michael S. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p533
Opinion. Discusses the challenges in dealing with patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). How to deal with a viral burden; Reference to the NIH-Kaiser Foundation AIDS treatment guidelines for the eradication of AIDS; Information on adherence towards drugs used to treat the...
- THE CALL FOR QUARANTINE. Rowland, Craig // Advocate;4/1/86, Issue 443, p42
Comments on the finding by the U.S. periodical 'Los Angeles Times' that 51 percent of Americans favor quarantining people with AIDS. Definition of quarantine; Less overt examples of quarantine; Arguments for and against quarantine; Alternative for quarantine; Information on AIDS; AIDS...
- Courts to Hear AIDS-Related Discrimination Cases. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;10/14/86, Issue 457, p22
Reports that judges have ordered trials in two AIDS-related cases involving alleged discrimination in the United States. Discrimination in employment; Discrimination in insurance.
- New Mexico AIDS Services: Offering PWAs 'More Bang For the Buck'. Lazere, Arthur // Advocate;10/14/86, Issue 457, p38
Focuses on AIDS services in New Mexico. Diagnosis of the disease; Statewide AIDS Agency; Educational efforts.