Patterns of geographic mobility of persons with AIDS in Canada from time of AIDS index diagnosis
- State: No ADAP waiting list. HARRISON, MASON // Windy City Times;7/21/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the decision of the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) not to implement a waiting list for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
- Down economy takes toll on PWAs. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;1/8/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that Rodrigo Ibanez Diaz de Sandi, who is living with AIDS, was seeking to get housing help from AIDS Housing Alliance after being laid off from his job as controller in May 2008 in San Francisco Bay Area, California.
- Building bridges. // Windy City Times;
The article offers information on an event to mark 15 years of its Groceryland program feeding people with HIV/AIDS held by Vital Bridges at Sidetrack in Chicago, Illinois, on November 15, 2009.
- Angry in Italy. // Advocate;4/18/95, Issue 679, p17
Reports on the violent protest by patients with AIDS over bad conditions in a hospital in Naples, Italy, by maiming themselves and setting mattresses on fire.
- Putting a face on AIDS. Goodman, Susan // Current Health 2;Nov93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Recounts the experience of AIDS victim Michele A. Teenage alcoholic; Decision to straighten out; Discovery of her infection with HIV virus; Support from the family; Involvement in the effort to educate people about AIDS. INSETS: How HIV is contracted and how it can be avoided.;The changing...
- Names dropping. // Advocate;10/29/96, Issue 719, p16
Reports that the Tampa Tribune, and the St. Petersburg Times newspapers received a list of 4000 AIDS patients in Florida. Allegations that the list came from a computer disk belonging to state worker William B. Calvert III; Calvert's denial of the allegations.
- Choosing to die. Katel, Peter // Newsweek;5/16/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p42
Speculates on whether some Cuban youths got AIDS--on purpose. How Luis Enrique Delgado and other heavy-metal fans claim they became infected in 1989-91; The evidence they are telling the truth; How sanitarium life offers more comforts than most Cubans ever see.
- ANONYMOUS. Rowsome, Drew // Xtra (Toronto);5/31/2012, Issue 720, p21
The article focuses on a Toronto People with AIDS Foundation (PWA) staff member's experience as one of the people living with HIV/AIDS (PHA) and working with the organization in Ontario.
- The check is in the mail. // Advocate;3/19/96, Issue 703, p16
Discusses the effect of cutbacks in the services for people with AIDS in New Orleans, Louisiana. Closure of People With AIDS Coalition's food bank; Comment by Jan Vick, Shelter Resources' executive director.
- JAPAN. // Advocate;1/31/89, Issue 517, p18
Reports that legislators in Japan gave final approval on December 23, 1988 to a measure that requires physicians to report to local health officials the name, age, and sex of any AIDS patient along with information indicating how the patient contracted the disease.