13th advances in reliability technology symposium
- 13th advances in reliability technology symposium. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p45
Provides information on a seminar on reliability engineering to be held in Great Britain organized by IMechE and the Safety and Reliability Society on April 21-23, 1998. Topics to be discussed; Contact information.
- Reliability courses arranged with Loughborough University. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p45
Lists seminars on reliability engineering to be held in Great Britain from October 23, 1997 to March 11, 1998. Topics to be discussed; Contact information.
- Innovative risk management of industrial plant. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p53
Reports on a technical symposium in reliability engineering techniques and risk based management methods on November 25, 1997 in England. Discussion on innovative management procedures; Other topics for discussion; Contact information.
- On Identifiability in the Autopsy Model of Reliability Systems of Lifemonitored and Conditionally... Gasemyr, Jorund // Journal of Applied Probability;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p427
Studies the identifiability of the autopsy data supplemented by data from the partial observation of specific components. Question on the identifiability of a system; Identifiability of all lifemonitored components.
- Finding Our Way Out of Reliability Hell. Loehr, George C. // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p18
Comments on the reliability problem of electric deregulation in the United States. Implication of low reliability for electricity prices; Key to the success of deregulation.
- Materials and Process Considerations for Lead-Free Electronics Assembly. Seelig, Karl; Suraski, David // Circuits Assembly;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p30
Compares the reliability testing results and process considerations for alloys. Contribution of tin/silver alloy in hybrid and electronics assembly industry; Concern on the patent legislation of alloys; Temperature of the melting point of the alloys.
- New trains, old problems. Hibbert, Lee // Professional Engineering;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p43
Discusses technical reliability problems encountered in electric trains in Great Britain. Need to standardize measurements in areas of fault reporting systems; Consequence of reliability problem to passengers; Model introduction procedures to be included in a standard.
- Achieving Product Reliability -- The Management Role. Pascoe, Norman // Environmental Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p52
Examines the European definitions of product quality and reliability. Definitions of quality and reliability; Key disabling characteristics of poorly managed acquisition programs; Electronic system reliability. INSET: Here are some recommendations for managers who care about. . ..
- The Uncertainty of Reliability Prediction. Pascoe, Norman // Environmental Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the notion of uncertainty in reliability predictions. Definition of reliability or probability of survival; Categories of reliability prediction methods; Assumptions in statistically based empirical methods for reliability prediction.