ADA to observe 50th anniversary
- Cosatu wants mass action. de Lange, Jan // Finance Week;08/27/99, p32
Reports on important results to come from the annual congress of the Cosatu political party in South Africa. Mass action campaigns that will probably result in general strikes; Enforcement of sectoral summits for all industries in which it has representation; Social plan proposed by the Cosatu...
- HOW'S YOUR POLITICAL I.Q.? // Human Events;7/28/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 26, p20
A quiz about national party conventions in the U.S. for 2008 is presented.
- Countdown to the Conventions. Hanson-Harding, Alexandra // Junior Scholastic;05/08/2000, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on the political conventions of the Republican and Democratic Parties in the United States for the year 2000 presidential elections.
- The Party Isn't Over: Incentives for Activism in the 1980 Presidential Nominating Campaign. Abramowitz, Alan; McGlennon, John; Rapoport, Ronald // Journal of Politics;Nov83, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p1006
Criticizes the fears expressed by scholars concerning the dangers to the political parties from the increasing involvement of issue-oriented activists, based on evidence from a survey of delegates attending state party conventions in connection with the 1980 presidential nominating campaign. ...
- GOP, Dems adopt party platforms. // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/13/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p3A
The article provides information related to the state conventions held by several U.S. based political parties including the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, Green Party that were held in the state of Texas.
- VZ Democrats to meet March 20. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/15/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p5
The article announces the upcoming meeting of the Van Zandt County Democratic Party on March 20, 2007 in Canton, Texas.
- Back to the Future in Arizona? Gizzi, John // Human Events;4/7/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the plan of the Arizona Republicans to select delegates for the national party conventions by state convention as of March 25, 2003. Republican presidential campaign in 1976; Argument of Arizona Republican Party chairman Bob Fannin on funding party conventions; Advantage of...
- Coalition in image blow. Owens, John // PRWeek (London);10/19/2012, p4
The article reports on the results of the survey, which showed that the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats and their leaders have been adversely affected by the party conference season in Great Britain in 2012.
- Party-Crashing 101: No Invitation? No Problem. // National Journal;8/05/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p2527
No abstract available.