Aligning incentives using risk-sharing arrangements
Tags: PAYMENT -- Management
- International settlements: A new source of systemic risk? Eisenbeis, Robert A. // Economic Review (07321813);1997 2nd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p44
Examines the potential payment system risks brought about by the globalization of financial markets. Types of payment system risks; Effects of globalization to timing, clearing, settlement conventions of credit risks; Sources of payment uncertainties; Examination of netting arrangements...
- Credit crunch. Sturdevant, Cameron // eWeek;12/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p12
The article illustrates on how people handle Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard in a personal way in the U.S.
- Paying on demand. Azar, Jim G. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p26
No abstract available.
- Risk management standards for retail payment systems. Heller, H. Robert // American Banker;5/9/96, Vol. 161 Issue 89, p21
Presents an excerpt from an article which deals with payment systems taken from the address at the Payments '96 Conference in San Francisco. Use of risk management standards for retail payments; What concerns central banks about payment systems; What central banks agreed upon; Key question...
- Commentary. Kroszner, Randall S. // Review (00149187);May/Jun98, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p117
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the article of Rolnick, Smith and Weber about the Suffolk Banking System. Assertion that the interbank borrowing and lending market will provide a monopoly in payment services; Considerations regarding the Suffolk System; Effect of branching restrictions...
- Phoning slow payers pays off. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p95
Discusses what to do when a customer is slow in paying its bills. How slow payers can often provide valuable information about financial or other problems within your organization; Advice of Jim Shaw of Shaw Resources; Possible reasons customers are slow to pay; Recommended book on subject.
- Referring accounts to collections. // Medical Economics;2/6/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p36
The article provides an answer to a question of when is the right time to refer an account to a collection agency in case of difficulty in collecting payments from patients.
- Tackling late payment. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Sep99, p98
Presents tips on how companies can prevent late payments. Importance of conducting a background check of a company; Application of a credit limit to each customer; Need to follow up invoices; Importance of knowing one's customer's system.
- Ask: The Payment Expert. Boyer, Patricia // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2009, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p12
The article provides an answer to a question of why health care facilities have denials in Medicare Advantage claims even when they authorized resident coverage.