Aligning incentives using risk-sharing arrangements
- International settlements: A new source of systemic risk? Eisenbeis, Robert A. // Economic Review (07321813);1997 2nd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p44
Examines the potential payment system risks brought about by the globalization of financial markets. Types of payment system risks; Effects of globalization to timing, clearing, settlement conventions of credit risks; Sources of payment uncertainties; Examination of netting arrangements...
- Credit crunch. Sturdevant, Cameron // eWeek;12/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p12
The article illustrates on how people handle Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard in a personal way in the U.S.
- Paying on demand. Azar, Jim G. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p26
Provides ways and methods in developing a payment plan for late-paying customers. Evaluation of the debtor's sincerity for the plan; Negotiating a payment plan that includes a schedule of an acceptable repayment; Creation of alternatives used for the plan; Causes of delinquency in payments;...
- Risk management standards for retail payment systems. Heller, H. Robert // American Banker;5/9/96, Vol. 161 Issue 89, p21
Presents an excerpt from an article which deals with payment systems taken from the address at the Payments '96 Conference in San Francisco. Use of risk management standards for retail payments; What concerns central banks about payment systems; What central banks agreed upon; Key question...
- Commentary. Kroszner, Randall S. // Review (00149187);May/Jun98, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p117
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the article of Rolnick, Smith and Weber about the Suffolk Banking System. Assertion that the interbank borrowing and lending market will provide a monopoly in payment services; Considerations regarding the Suffolk System; Effect of branching restrictions...
- Phoning slow payers pays off. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p95
Discusses what to do when a customer is slow in paying its bills. How slow payers can often provide valuable information about financial or other problems within your organization; Advice of Jim Shaw of Shaw Resources; Possible reasons customers are slow to pay; Recommended book on subject.
- Referring accounts to collections. // Medical Economics;2/6/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p36
The article provides an answer to a question of when is the right time to refer an account to a collection agency in case of difficulty in collecting payments from patients.
- Are partial payments worth the trouble? Scheinberg, Michael E.; Bottagarro, Kathleen // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p24
Presents information on the making of partial payments on overdue loans in the real estate industry. Precautions to take before accepting partial payments; Waiver of rights.
- It's time to change the Payment Culture. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec98, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the problem of late payments and how to manage such practices in the computer business. Factors affecting the late payment practices in the industry; Formulation of a task force to combat the problem on late payments; Introduction of the four-point payment code.