Record amounts of company stock
- Shareholder value drivers. Hrisak, Daniel M // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p60
Reports that the key drivers of shareholder value, were identified at a round table sponsored by the Global Business Process Outsourcing practice at Price Waterhouse and Chief Executive magazine. Identification of the drivers; Topic in which the round table focused; Role of business process...
- Total chartered banks: Consolidated statement of... // Bank of Canada Review;Spring94, pS105
Presents the consolidated statement of shareholders' equity and appropriations for contigencies of chartered banks in Canada form 1984 to 1993. Capital stock and contributed surplus of the shareholders' equity; General reserve and retained earnings of the shareholders' equity; Appropriations...
- Those darn shareholders! Big owners getting peskier. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/95, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p4
Describes how large shareholders are challenging corporate management. Characteristics of modern-day shareholders; Proposals by shareholders include termination of staggered directors' terms and cumulative voting in board elections; Institutional investors; Pension and mutual-fund...
- America's shareholder profile has changed sharply. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p28
Reveals the changes seen in the profile of shareholders of corporations in the United States. Preference of shareholders to invest conservatively; Gender distribution in shareholders; Interest in mutual funds.
- Does shareholder activism improve company performance? Black, Bernard S. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 109, p1
Examines the level of shareholder activism in the United States. Advantages and disadvantages of Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 14-8; Importance of the recommendation of Institutional Shareholder Services in winning majority support for a proposal; Positive and economically significant...
- France. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;7/5/95, Vol. 87 Issue 153, p9
Reports upsurge in the number of share holders in France after the introduction of reforms by a Socialist government in 1983-84.
- Investors get richer, and the plot gets thicker--what to do next? Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 143, p9
Advises investors on steps they should take after the good performance of the stock markets and mutual funds in the United States. Details on the performance of mutual funds; Details on steps which should be taken by investors; Names of funds which are considered good investments. INSET:...
- Stakeholders, individual rights, and the common good. Goodpaster, Kenneth E.; Atkinson, Gary // National Forum;Winter92, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p14
Distinguishes three variations of the stockholder approach in business decisions and their underlying principles. Differences between `strategic', `pluralist' and `socialist' variations of stockholder analysis; Distinction between primary and secondary interests; Stockholder analysis as a tool...
- 1996 promises to break record. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;5/13/96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the growth of shareholder activism in the United States. Factors which contributed to the growth; Views of Patrick McGurn, of the Investor Responsibility Research Center; Statistics on proposal filed by investors in 1996; Expectation on proposals by shareholders on social issues.
- Be prepared for increasing shareholder activism. Murphy, Sean K. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/19/97, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the increasing stockholder activism in the United States. Steps chief executive officers can mitigate shareholder criticisms; Includes learning and speaking of the language of investors.