Final CESARE trial results show continued clinical and survival benefit
- Towards a vaccine against AIDS. Vieillard, Vincent; Dereuddre-Bosquet, Nathalie; Corneau, Aur�lien; Mangeot-M�derle, Isabelle; Fausther-Bovendo, Hugues; Grand, Roger Le; Debre, Patrice // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Towards a Vaccine Against AIDS," by Vincent Vieillard, Nathalie Dereuddre-Bosquet, Aur�lien Corneau, Isabelle Mangeot-M�derle, Hugues Fausther-Bovendo, Roger Le Grand and Patrice Debre is presented.
- Up-to-date. Horton, Kathleen // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p158
Focuses on the `AIDS Reference Manual,' which provides a comprehensive information for those involved in all aspects of AIDS and its treatment. Topics included in the manual; Price of the manual; Contact information.
- Natural compound shows anti-HIV activity. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p410
Reports that the Sarawak MediChem Pharmaceutical company released (+)-Calanolide A, a natural compound showing anti-acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) activity. Indication that (+)-Calanolide A is the only anti-HIV natural product known to be in clinical testing; Information on a IB...
- Costly AIDS `cocktails' drain funds from other treatments. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;8/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p5
No abstract available.
- LOUISE HAY. Miller, John // Advocate;9/2/86, Issue 454, p6
Discusses an article which was published in the issue 452 of the periodical 'The Advocate,' which focused on the effectiveness of religious science in the treatment of people who have AIDS.
- THE SHRINKING OF AIDS. Andriote, John-Manuel // Advocate;10/27/87, Issue 484, p47
Discusses psychological issues involved in the treatment of AIDS, according to the American Psychological Association (APA). Patients' coping with the incurable disease; Position of APA concerning the disease; Psychological ramifications of the manifestation of AIDS.
- On the Drug Front: Further Cause For Optimism. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;4/12/88, Issue 496, p32
Reports on the political momentum afforded by the U.S. Presidential Commission on the HIV Epidemic to efforts related to the treatment of AIDS. Elimination of placebo-drug trials for AIDS patients; Support for an animal vaccine model.
- The latest drug. // Advocate;11/12/96, Issue 720, p20
Presents information on the drug called HRG-214, which is used to fight the AIDS virus. How drug works; Information on the testing which was conducted; Intentions of researchers to seek approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Kemron: New hope for AIDS victims? Chinyelu, M. // Black Enterprise;Nov90, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p20
Announces the development of Kemron, a form of interferon that may help victims of AIDS. Research conducted by two Kenyan doctors; How Kemron would be used in AIDS treatment.
- AIDS: Searching for new answers. Starr, Cynthia // Drug Topics;11/8/93, Vol. 137 Issue 21, p52
Features the AIDS epidemic. Statistics on infected people in 1993; Physiological action of the disease; Enzymes involved in viral production schedule; Treatments under research and testing. INSETS: Profile of an epidemic.;Dogging a killer,investigational AIDS treatments.;Many trials ahead..