- BANGLADESH: Accord begins safety inspections on 1,500 factories. Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);2/19/2014, p1
The article reports that safety inspections on more than 1,500 garment factories in Bangladesh will begin in the end of February 2014.
- Luxury on UEFA agenda. Charles Sale // Daily Mail;3/ 1/2013, p85
THE FIFA Congress in Mauritius in the last week of May is looking more like a junket than a business summit, judging by their accommodation on the island.
- Mr. Patero Had. Crossen, Mike // Quality Progress;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p17
A cartoon is presented about quality inspection of a nut factory.
- BANGLADESH: Alliance factory inspections get underway. Islam, Siddique // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);3/16/2014, p12
The article presents information on the inspection of more than 400 garment factories in Bangladesh by around 27 North American retailers. It states that North American brands are making an effort to ensure safety in Bangladeshi garment factories. The inspection is expected to be complete by...
- Accord Updates Inspection Report. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/26/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 129, p5
The article offers updates on the factory inspections for fire, electrical and structural safety in Bangladesh as of June 26, 2014. The accord on Fire and Building Safety, an agreement among global apparel brands and retailers with labor unions IndustrialALL and UNI and human and labor rights...
- Movie junkets harness star power to start the buzz. Idelson, Karen // Daily Variety;12/3/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 41, pA1
The article focuses on the market junket, a one-step shop for foreign entertainment pres which gives access to Hollywood stars needed for their stories. Mike Goodridge, vice president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association states that despite the high price cost of the junket, it is a...
- BANGLADESH: Accord begins safety inspections on 1,500 factories. Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);2/21/2014, p27
The article reports that safety inspections on more than 1,500 garment factories in Bangladesh are set to begin immediately. The move follows a period of pilot factory inspections already carried out on behalf of the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. Brad Loewen, the top safety...
- WALMART CHECKS BANGLADESH FACTORIES; RETAILER ACCORD ELUSIVE. // Eastern Worker;May/Jun2013, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p30
The article reports that U.S. retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has improved its factory inspection in Bangladesh. Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the world. It has no plans of signing a fire and building safety agreement supported by European apparel brands, saying it has its own safety...
- THE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE OF THE APPAREL INDUSTRY'S FACTORY-INSPECTION REGIMES AND THE BIRTH OF A NEW MODEL. Nova, Scott // EHS Today;Oct2013, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p32
The article reflects on the Rana Plaza factory building collapse in Bangladesh in 2013 about the industry's inspection programs. It refers to the incompetency among factory auditors wherein mentioned were the failure of standard industry inspectors consider reviews of structural integrity of...
- â‚¬100k bill as Oireachtas rolls out the red carpet for foreign delegations. Ken Foxe ; David Yip // Mail on Sunday;8/ 4/2013, p66
THE taxpayer has paid out more than â‚¬100,000 on junkets for foreign politicians visiting Ireland - as part of a cosy arrangement under which our TDs and senators invited on return trips to the visiting delegations' countries.