- 7 steps to compliance. Field, Alan M. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/26/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p30
Presents tips on the creation of a hazardous materials (hazmat) security plan according to U.S. Department of Transportation standards. Importance of access to hazmat professionals; Significance of making audiotapes of call-center responses; Use of a cross-functional approach to the security plan.
- Hazmat incident management: What you need to do--right now. Norville // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep99, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p45
Discusses the importance of implementing a hazardous material (hazmat) incident management plan for carriers. Requisites of a good hazmat emergency training program; Guidelines to alleviate the stress and strain of hazardous spill emergency; Contingency planning; Hazmat incident reporting. ...
- COST OF HAZMAT CDL COULD DOUBLE. Baxter, John; French, Tony // Overdrive;Jun2002, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the proposed regulation addressing hazmat CDL in the U.S. Effects of the regulation on the cost of hazmats; Plans of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation to create a record for each driver seeking a hazmat endorsement; Actions of the U.S. Department of Transportation to address...
- CBRN and Hazmat Incidents at Major Public Events: Planning and Response. // TCU Magazine;Winter2012, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p16
The article reviews the book "CBRN and Hazmat Incidents at Major Public Events: Planning and Response," by Dan Kaszeta.
- On the selection of k routes in multiobjective hazmat route planning. CARAMIA, MASSIMILIANO; GIORDANI, STEFANO; IOVANELLA, ANTONIO // IMA Journal of Management Mathematics;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p239
Hazardous material (hazmat) transportation has received several attention in the past. On the one hand, this is motivated by the practical interest that hazmat transportation covers for safety reasons; on the other hand, it has attracted the study of those researchers working on vehicle routing...
- Path Planning of Road Hazardous Material Transportation based on TransCAD. Xueyu Mi; Hongmei Jia; Peng Zhang; Lin Zhang // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p232
A risk assessment model is constructed for the hazardous materials (hazmat) road transportation combining features of TransCAD traffic forecasts, and based on traffic planning network of spatial analysis and attribute process, the database for path planning of hazmat transportation was set up....
- Forbidden Paradises. Hennessy, Christopher // Lambda Book Report;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Interviews gay poet J.D. McClatchy. Views on his book 'Hazmat'; Approach in writing; Tribute to poet James Merrill.
- Point & Click. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on E-Plan, a new federally sponsored Internet accessible repository for hazmat response information. Factors in the need for E-Plan; Development of this Internet accessible repository for hazmat response information; User-friendly interface; Features of this technology; Advantages of...
- Literature/video showcase. // Transportation & Distribution;Sep93, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p102
Features literatures and videos relevant to the transportation industry. The Hazmat Training Solution; PC Miler; ROLS Rite Routing Systems; Transportation Planning.
- Customs revises border plan. // Traffic World;11/18/96, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the revision of the United States Customs Service's border-crossing plan for trailers carrying hazardous materials (hazmat). Restriction of hazmat movements away from Laredo, Texas; Reaction from the American Trucking Association (ATA); Implications.