- Beverly Harvard, Atlanta's new police chief, 1st Black woman to lead big-city force. // Jet;11/14/94, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p22
Announces the selection of Beverly Harvard as police chief of the Atlanta Police Department in Georgia. Academic background; Responsibilities; Priority of curbing violence among youth.
- Top 10 Health Stories of 2004 Selected by Harvard Health Letter,
Nation's Oldest Consumer Health Publication: Promise and Problems of
Tests and Medications Dominate the List. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;12/15/2004, p2
The article focuses on the Harvard Health Letter, the oldest consumer health publication in the U.S., which has selected the top 10 health stories of the year. The health letter's editors, editorial board, and Harvard Medical School faculty writers select the top 10 health stories each December....
- 2 hire advertising agencies. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the hiring of advertising agencies. Software Publishing Corp.'s naming of Priscaro & Hukari to handle a print ad and promotional account for the Harvard Graphics product family, while `Chief Executive' magazine has selected Amster Yard for a national ad campaign.
- Greenwich Technology Partners among 10 finalists. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p22
Focuses on the selection of Joseph P. Beninati, chairman and chief executive officer of Greenwich Technology Partners as one of the semifinalists to present the business at the Harvard Business School Club of New York. Views of Beninati on the recognition; Contribution of the company in...
- CEO of Lake County Housing Authority Among Those Selected for NeighborWorks Achieving Excellence Program. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that David A. Northern, chief executive officer (CEO) of Lake County Housing Authority, is selected for nonprofit NeighborWorks America's Achieveing Execllence educational program, which is conducted in collaboration with Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
- Movers & shakers. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p8
The article announces career developments involving executives in the U.S. including the appointment of John Horan as senior vice president (SVP)/chief financial officer (CFO) for the Direct Marketing Association, resignation of Bryce Chicoyne as CFO for Harvard Bioscience and selection of Mary...
- people. Reid, Calvin; Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p18
Presents news briefs on the appointment and promotion of executives in the book industry as of March 2001. Appointment of Rodale Elizabeth Crow, as editorial director at Rodale; Selection of Scott Lubeck as chief technology officer at Harvard Business School Publishing; Promotion of executives...
- AT DEADLINE. // Pensions & Investments;6/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p1
The article offers pension and investment news briefs, as of June 2013. Money-management firm State Street Global Advisors is carrying out a reorganization of its investment teams. The Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System has shifted a block of funds to a BlackRock fund on an interim basis....
- Funny Business. WILLIAMS, MIYA // Jet;3/31/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p15
The article focuses on Harvard University student Alexis Wilkinson, who is the first African American female president of Harvard's satirical publication "Harvard Lampoon," focusing on how she views her selection and her duties as president.
- The Unanswered Question: Six Talks at Harvard. MATTHEWS, PETER // America;5/29/1976, Vol. 134 Issue 21, p481
The article reviews the book "The Unanswered Question: Six Talks at Harvard," by Leonard Bernstein.