- Health law amends FLSA to require 'breastfeeding breaks'. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the amendment of health care reform bill known as Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) in California.
- New health-care law benefits nursing moms. Marcus, Jake Aryeh // Mothering;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 161, p34
A summary is presented of an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) in the U.S.
- Proposed Revision Of The Federal Minimum Wage Law. // Congressional Digest;Apr72, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the proposed revision of the federal minimum wage law in the United States. Enactment of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); Series of proposed amendments to the FLSA; First governmental regulation of wages and hours.
- Main Provisions Of The Present Fair Labor Standards Act. // Congressional Digest;Apr72, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p101
Discusses provisions in the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA). Administration of the FLSA at the federal level by the Wage and Hour Division of the Employment Standards Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor; Minimum wage rates under amendments adopted to the FLSA in 1966;...
- Dodge the Double Whammy. Schreter, Lisa A. // HR Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p113
Explains how an employer's good faith affect the statute of limitations and the availability of liquidated damages. Amendment to the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); Assessment of the financial implications of a willful violation of FLSA; Factors to consider in establishing that an FLSA...
- Extent of Coverage Under FLSA as Amended in 1966. Martin, Edward C. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr67, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p21
Examines the extent of coverage of the minimum wage provisions under the 1966 amendments to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Extension of coverage; Industry coverage; Status of nonsupervisory employees under the minimum wage provisions of the FLSA; Employees and establishments subject to...
- When Are Firefighters Truly Firefighters? // Defense Counsel Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p260
Discusses legislative and judicial clarifications of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Bill signed by United States President Bill Clinton which amends the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); Amendment of the FLSA; 11th Circuits decision in the case of Falken versus Glynn County.
- Will wage-hour law be updated? Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Apr97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the US Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which is also known as the Wage-Hour Law. Provisions in the bill; Proposed amendments and updates.
- Prepare for new overtime pay rules. Fletcher, Jim // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul2016, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on the amendments to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), regarding federal minimum wage and overtime pay requirements, effective May 2016.
- US West calls out TW again. Roman, Monica // Hollywood Reporter;12/5/95, Vol. 340 Issue 6, p1
Reports that US West Inc. has asked the Delaware Chancery Court to prevent Time Warner Inc. from creating an entertainment unit that would place responsibility for Warner Music Group under Warner Bros. co-chief executive officer Robert Daly and Tery Semel. Amendment to a lawsuit that seeks to...