- COLOMBIA. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;2/7/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the survival of Senator Piedad CÃ³rdoba from an assassination attempt in MedellÃn, Colombia.
- Norris claims IRA tried to kill him. // Daily Mail;9/ 4/2014, p17
SENATOR David Norris claimed last night that the IRA once attempted to kill him.
- Giffords opens Senate hearings on gun control. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;1/30/2013, p14
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Gabrielle Giffords, the former congresswoman who survived a shooting that killed six people, opened U.S. Senate hearings on gun violence.
- French Senate vote delays consent bill. // Body Politic;Jul/Aug82, Issue 85, p16
Deals with the attempt of the French Senate to block passage of a reform bill equalizing the age of consent for homosexual and heterosexual acts. Vote of the Senate against the repeal of the section of the French criminal code; Views on the Senate's vote.
- Decision restores funding for community college health coverage. Sterling, Ed // Breckenridge American;10/31/2007, Vol. 87, p8A
This section offers news briefs in the U.S. Texas Governor Rick Perry used the line-item veto to kill funding passed by the Texas House and Senate that would have continued paying for health benefits of most people who work at community colleges. The 3rd Court of Appeals in Texas heard arguments...
- Pakistan Survivor of Honor Killing Attempt Fears for Her Life. BUKHARI, MUBASHER // News India Times;6/13/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p18
The article profiles 18-year-old Pakistani Saba Maqsood who survived an attempt by her family to kill her for marrying a man of her choice as it is dishonorable.
- Senate preserves worker verification pilot programs. // Human Events;5/17/96, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p23
Reports that the US Senate agreed to kill an amendment that would have eliminated a section of the immigration bill establishing pilot programs to verify that newly hired employees are eligible to work in the United States. Contentions to the bill's provisions.
- Close Call for Cape Wind. // Greenpeace Update;Fall2006, p15
The article reports on the closing of Cape Wind, the first offshore wind farm in the United States. Senators joined their forces to kill the wind farm despite the urgency of global warming and the number of Americans who were suffering from high gas prices. Several supporters contacted their...
- ANIMAL-CRUELTY BILL STALLS. Kerr, John // Ontario Out of Doors;Aug2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The U.S. Senate has rejected House of Commons changes to Senate amendments to Bill C 10-B. Parliament, however, has adjourned until mid-September 2003, putting the bill on hold. The bill, which had passed in the House last year, can't become law until the Senate approves it, said Greg Farrant,...
- Local News from 1913 Newspapers. // Old Huntsville Magazine;Aug2010, Issue 210, p54
This section offers news briefs in Huntsville, Alabama in 1913, including the arrest of vagrant Thomas Foster, the insanity hearing for felony suspect Jas. B. Mitchell and the indictment of Ethel Olsen for attempting to kill her husband.