- CHINA BLAST DEATH TOLL RISES TO 139 AT HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL STORAGE. // Eastern Worker;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p28
The article reports that the death toll following a series of explosions at a hazardous goods storage facility in Tianjin, China has risen to 139 that includes civilians and firefighters.
- FDNY Ready For Replay. Michael Mink // Investors Business Daily;9/11/2012, pA05
Among the death toll on Sept. 11, 2001, were 343 New York City firefighters. But their sacrifice in helping rescue 25,000 people before the World Trade Center towers collapsed was not in vain.
- "Stand Down" Safety Initiative draws support of government, fire service. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p48
Reports that fire departments in the United States and Canada committed to the first National Firefighter Safety Stand Down, initiated by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Objective of Stand Down; Efforts to increase the fire and emergency services' focus on safety and the...
- Thousands Stand Down. // Fire Chief;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the participation of fire departments from Gainesville, Florida in the International Firefighter Stand Down 2006 held on June 21, 2006 in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. The stand down focused on vehicle safety, which was organized to help reduce line-of-duty deaths in 2005...
- Of Many Things. Anderson, George M. // America;7/16/2001-7/23/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 2, p2
Discusses the ecumenical campaign called `For Whom the Bells Toll' in Medford, Massachusetts started by Sr. Dorothy Briggs. Purposes of church bells in the past; Cardinal who conceptualized the idea of tolling the bells when a state executes a convict; Stand of the Catholic Church about death...
- Egypt Islamists vow new demos after mosque stand-off. // Moderate Voice;8/18/2013, p5
The article reports on the pledge of Egyptian Islamists to establish new demonstrations after a stand-off with the police in a Cairo mosque which ended in violence leading to a death toll of more than 750.
- PICK OF THE DAY. // Mail on Sunday;9/ 2/2012, p38
- Rapid Intervention Team: Are You Ready? Gray, Robert L. // Fire Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the need for fire departments to have a team dedicated to rescuing firefighters in trouble. According to the author, the concept started when the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued a rule stating that when two firefighters enter a dangerous...
- The death toll yesterday stood at 410 in the collapse of a Seoul. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 162, p2
Reports on the death toll in the collapse of a department store in Seoul.
- On Faulty Ground. // Foreign Policy;May/Jun2004, Issue 142, p15
Presents data on death toll from earthquakes.