HO blast furnace
- Paint and weather a blast furnace. Visse, Lee Vande // Model Railroader;Nov2002, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p96
Focuses on techniques involved in painting a blast furnace model. Factors to consider before painting subassemblies; Paints that can be used; Weathering tips.
- DAMPER CONTROL USES BLAST FURNACE GAS TO SHAVE FUEL EXPENSES. // Worldwide Energy;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the use of blast furnace gas in plant boilers and blast furnace stoves to save fuel expenses.
- Reducing DEF expansion. Weiping Ma // Roads & Bridges;Mar2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the importance of delayed ettringite formation (DEF) for the durability of concrete. Mechanism of DEF; Ability of small-to-moderate additions of ground granulated blast furnace slag; Reduction of DEF expansion.
- Retrofit system improves throughput, secures product quality from pusher furnaces. // 33 Metalproducing;Jul99, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p50
Reports that TIPPINS Inc. has developed an innovation in reheat furnace extractor systems for steel makers operating pusher furnaces with their strip or plate mills. Discharge of variously sized slabs; Problems which the innovation seeks to solve; Operating sequence for the extractor.
- 5 TIPS FOR ACHIEVING FURNACE LINING EFFICIENCY. Chernack, Steve // Ceramic Industry;Sep2013, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p24
The article offers step-by-step instructions for installing efficient furnace lining.
- ASM Historical Landmark, Radwerk IV Blast Furnace, marks... // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct96, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the 150 years of existence for the Radwerk IV Blast Furnace in Vordernberg, Austria, which has been a ASM Historical Landmark since 1988. Their anniversary celebration; Contact points.
- The effect of activator concentration on reaction degree and structure formation of alkali-activated ground granulated blast furnace slag. Hilbig, H.; Buchwald, A. // Journal of Materials Science;Oct2006, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p6488
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The effect of activator concentration on reaction degree and structure formation of alkali-activated ground granulated blast furnace slag," that was published in the September 19, 2006 issue.
- Addendum: Zhao, X.; et al. Properties of Foamed Mortar Prepared with Granulated Blast-furnace Slag. // Materials (1996-1944);Jul2015, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p3958
An addendum to the article "Properties of Foamed Mortar Prepared with Granulated Blast-furnace Slag" by Xiao Zhao and others, published in a 2015 issue of the journal, is presented.
- The Studies of Heat and Gas Dynamic Operation in the "Dry" Zone of Blast Furnace and Application of the Results. Bolshakov, V. I.; Sokhatskiy, A. A.; Chaika, A. L.; Shevelyov, A. G.; Shvachka, A. I. // Metallurgical & Mining Industry;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
The results of the thermal and gas dynamic operation of "dry" zone of the blast furnace are given. The possibility of improving the furnace heat operation through a more efficient use of heat and reduction potentials of the gas flow, its distribution, taking into account the value of external...