Unraveling the LTC maze
- Long-term care insurance gains popularity. C.F. // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the rising popularity of long-term care insurance in the United States. Increase in long-term care policies purchased since 1987; Sales of policies to group associations; Product options offered.
- Long-term care insurance can reduce financial risk. Kistner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the use of long-term care (LTC) insurance as an element of financial planning by families and individuals. Benefits of LTC insurance; Eight features purchasers should considered when buying LTC policies.
- Long-term care could be a silver platter. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p28
Editorial. Comments that tax advantages for long-term care insurance can have a greater effect on insurance and employee benefits business than the group-to-individual portability provision. Encouragement of employers to pay for the long-term care insurance premiums of employees.
- LTC insurance market is growing younger. Wane, John // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul95, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p76
Looks at the increasing number of young consumers who are purchasing long-term care insurance in the United States. Factors in this increase; Advice on how to make the most out of the emerging market.
- Lifestyle, mental factors key to LTC underwriting. Eagle, Barry D. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p70
Discusses the importance of considering cognitive functions and lifestyle in underwriting long-term care (LTC) applications. Survey results conducted by Cologne Life Reinsurance Co.; Categories of underwriting for LTC coverages.
- New Coalition Praises Long-Term Care Measures. Whitney, Sally // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p87
Reports the formation of the Americans for Long-Term Care Security Coalition. Insurance companies involved in the coalition.
- How the growth in LTC insurance impacts providers. Bond, David // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct97, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the impact of long-term care (LTC) insurance growth to its providers. High governmental reimbursement rates compared to private pay patients; Strategic goal of management to maximize the private pay occupancy; Segments of population who more likely not going to purchase LTC insurance.
- The Long-Term Care Insurance Test. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on the sales of private long-term care (LTC) insurance in the U.S. Plans of the Center for Long-Term Care Financing to collaborate with a consulting firm to perform a study of consumer attitudes about private LTC insurance; Educational problems of private insurance.
- Buying coverage for nursing-home care. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Feb94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p67
Discusses long-term care insurance. Need to ensure against a relative's stay on a nursing home; Daily benefit paid by long-term-care insurance; Qualifications; What to look for in long-term care insurance.
- Insurance regulation and the partnership for long-term care. McCall, Nelda // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Fall97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p73
Presents a review of the specific differences in regulations for Partnership and non-Partnership long-term care insurance in the four Partnership states. Aim of the Partnership for Long-Term Care; Impact of relative cost, market acceptance, and possible Partnership policies on the prefunding of...