Wired for insurance
- Financial institutions. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p91
Presents a list of financial institutions' insurance companies in the United States.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p20
Presents graph and charts depicting underwriting of financial institutions in the United States. Amount of underwriting fees as of January 2002; Lists of companies involved in financial deals; Transaction value of Fortine Finder.
- UNBUNDLED JOY. Acunto, Stephen H. // Insurance Advocate;9/9/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 34, p42
Focuses on the economic condition of financial institutions in the U.S. Decrease on the market share of Sandy Weill and Citigroup; Expenditure of Health and Mental Health interests; Range for the industry deductible for property and casualty exposure.
- Agent groups and small banks oppose Glass-Steagall reform. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr95, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p10
Reports on insurance industry and agents groups' opposition to the Glass-Steagall Act. Separation of banking and investment banking activities; Options being proposed; Concentration of economic power in large banks in the liberal approach; Merger between banks and investment banking houses in...
- Trends moving toward Glass-Steagall repeal. Gettlin, Robert H. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Oct96, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the possible repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in the 105th Congress. Open door for the integration of all financial services; Shift of the political landscape in favor of financial services affiliations; Securities industry's support for the repeal of the law; Preference of...
- SOME PROBLEMS OF INSURANCE OF ACCOUNTS IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. Scott, Kenneth E. // Business Lawyer;Jan1965, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p399
Focuses on the problems of insurance of accounts in financial institutions in the United States. Changes in the nature of the savings and loan business; Failure of the protection afforded by usury statutes to extend to corporation borrowers; Situations to disregard corporation entities.
- Finite risk's appeal grows. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;11/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p3
Reports that accounting firms and financial institutions in the United States are turning to finite risk insurance. Capacity and price of finite risk insurance; Concerns about the accounting rules; Coverage for professional liability exposures.
- Insurers Give Us That Sinking Feeling. Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/02/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the guidelines for safeguarding consumer information issued by the United States Department of the Treasury, the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Aim of the guidelines; Requirements for financial institutions; Reactions from insurance associations; Cost...
- Bank/Thrifts M&A Activity Resumed Pace; Insurance, Securities/Investments Dismal. // Insurance Advocate;10/21/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 40, p42
Focuses on the performance of financial institutions in the U.S. Growth of deal activity in banks and thrifts; Decline of insurance and securities and investments activity; Progress of merger and acquisition deals; Relevance of depressed valuations on acquisitions.