When life wobbled and tipped, her agent was there
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Advisor Today;Mar2006, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p58
The article presents a calendar of events which are of interest to life insurance and financial advisors in the United States. These include: GAMA International's LAMP in Orlando, Florida, on March 19-22, 2006; "EduCall: Latest DI Market Trends and Sales Strategies" conference call on April 11,...
- Selling Insurance the Starbucks Way. Britt, Julie // Advisor Today;Aug2008, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p64
The article describes that Borislow Insurance's agents Jennifer Borislow and Mark Gaunya has presented their insurance agency's customer-focused business practices during the 2008 MDRT Annual Meeting in Toronto, Ontario. Borislow has more than 350 corporate clients with 10 to 5,000 employees...
- Stop Doing It The Hard Way! Elman, Bard // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/13/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p21
This article discusses the challenges and opportunities that life insurance agents face in the small business market in the U.S. Small businesspeople's needs can be served with products that include health insurance, 401(k) plans, group disability insurance, dental insurance, supplemental...
- Bank study: Insurance agent system leaves too many without coverage. Talley, Karen // American Banker;2/24/95, Vol. 160 Issue 37, p11
Presents a study conducted by the Financial Institutions Insurance Association (FIIA) on the insurance agent system's coverage of the life insurance needs of customers. Estimated shortfall in coverage; Preference findings; Insurance agents' criticisms against the study.
- The agent as investor. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Sep98, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the possibility for life insurance agents (LIG) to have enough knowledge about investment. Interest of LIG in the stock market, interest rates and inflation and the economy; Education of the public about asset allocation, mutual funds and retirement planning.
- Investing with interest. Levine, Karen // LAN: Life Association News;Sep98, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p66
Discusses the strategies of some life insurance agents in the United States on managing their assets. Northwestern Mutual veteran John W. Cruikshank's setting up of a permanent insurance policies; Rick Zurbriggen's move to invest only in insurance products; Butch Anderson's focus on equity...
- Recruiting of agents mixed bag in 1993. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun94, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the decrease of the recruitment of full-time ordinary life insurance agents, brokers and sub-producers in 1993 and the increase of the hiring of multiline exclusive agents and personal producing agents.
- Forget everything else and discover the dream. Dempsey, Kay I. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul94, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on life insurance agents in the United States. Sense of pride and professionalism; Financial planning field; Client satisfaction; Tactics used in sales.
- Wake up and seize the spoils of war. Berry, Rick // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec94, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the external challenges facing life insurers. Dominance of mutual fund; Penetration of direct marketing distribution; Integration of insurance products; Shift in regulators' attention to sales practices; Increased taxation; Denial of fundamental challenges; Forms of denial.