The new four-legged chair
- Saving for those golden years. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;09/08/97, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p24
No abstract available.
- A pragmatic approach to retirement planning. Russolillo, Raymond G. // CPA Journal;Sep97, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on the need for a pragmatic approach to retirement planning. Framework for the analysis of retirement plan assets and distribution options; Assumptions on retirement planning; Software for the calculation of strategies effect; Objectives of the plan participant. INSETS: Repeal of...
- Barn door open on privatization of social security. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 29, p1
Presents information on the role of the United States' federal government in ensuring retirement financial security. Citing of the release of a report of American President Bill Clinton's Advisory Council on January 6th 1997; Comments from Edward Gramlich, chairman of the panel and director of...
- From maple leaf to mutual funds: Retirement shift in Canada. Langan, Fred // Christian Science Monitor;4/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 92, p9
Focuses on the issue of retirement in Canada. Canadians warned to save for their own retirement because of the inability of the government to do so; Financial condition of government retirement plans; Comments from Brian Costello; Amount of money that Canadians invested in mutual funds in...
- Retirees seek a plan for their nest egg. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;8/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 194, p14
Presents questions and answers related to retirement planning.
- Planning is the key to successful retirement. Wood, James O.; Cannon, Debra C. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec94, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System's preretirement education program. Objectives of preretirement education; Organization of seminars; Keys to successful seminars; Venue selection; Registration of participants; Coordinator's checklist.
- Responsibility for retirement planning shifts to employees. Van Gelder, Nancy // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug84, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p50
Shows why healthcare financial managers should become actively involved in retirement planning. Effectivity date of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) section 404(c) regulations; Avoidance of certain liability for participants' investment decisions.
- Selecting a retirement plan beneficiary. Kristner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p96
Focuses on choosing a retirement plan beneficiary in the United States. Taxation of the benefits; Layering of three taxes; Advantages in naming a spouse as a beneficiary.
- Continue saving retirement even after you've retired. Goldwasser, Edgar L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, Focus. p7B
Recommends the evaluation and adjustment of portfolios following retirement. Biggest mistakes retirees make; Examination of assets; Budgeting; Asset allocation; Diversity; Financial consultations; Portion of portfolio to be allocated to cash accounts, bonds and stocks.
- The best of both retirement worlds? J.A.F. // Inc.;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p128
Focuses on the benefits of retirement plans, with reference to an age-weighted plan. Importance of age-weighted plans; What are age-weighted plans; Advantages of age-weighted plans to business enterprises; Comments from Aaron Eidelman, partner at the accounting firm Goldstein Golub Kessler and...