IBM takes on the field
- The need for transformational change. Ang, Benjamin // Asia Insurance Review;Feb2015, p8
An interview with Mr Paul Robinson, Director, Insurance Growth Markets, IBM is presented. When asked will mobile kill the life agents? He said that people still want to buy insurance from a person but in this age of digitalization, agent models needs to modify. Mr. Robinson believes that as an...
- The methodology of EIU/IBM study. // Insurance Advocate;05/10/97, Vol. 108 Issue 19, p4
Examines the methodology used in the study `Global Insurance to the 21st Century,' conducted by Economic Intelligence Unit and sponsored by the International Business Machines Corp. Percentage of respondents based on geographical divisions; Average revenue of companies studied; List of companies...
- Survey: Consumers Prefer Personalized Service From Agents. // Insurance Advocate;6/4/2007, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p32
The article presents the results of the survey released by Armonk, New York-based International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) which demonstrates the preference of American consumers on personalized service and human interaction from their insurance agents. It states that the survey comprises of...
- IBM posts record profits. Gordon, Jim // Westchester County Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the sales performance of International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) in the U.S.
- IBM technology underpins project to make British Columbia's the "smartest coast on the planet". // Sensors;4/18/2014, p1
The article reports on the Smart Oceans BC program, a three-year project, between technology firm IBM and Ocean Networks Canada (ONC) in which IBM will equip British Columbia with a monitoring and prediction system to respond to off-shore accidents, tsunamis and other natural disasters.
- IBM Working With Group To Ensure IAA Compatibility. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/28/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p49
Reports on the support of IBM to ACORD's push for insurance industry standards. Why the computer company is joining the nonprofit group as an associate member; Number of large companies and software companies that use the IBM IAA tool to extract and manage information from old databases;...
- IBM challenges premium tax levied on foreign insurers. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb96, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p11
Reports that International Business Machines Corp.'s challenge to a tax on insurance premiums paid to foreign insurers will be heard by the US Supreme Court in March 1996. Comments from George Henry, vice president of federal affairs for the American Insurance Association; Coverage of insurance...
- IBM unit studies electronic insurance marketplace. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec96, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p93
Reports that IBM Worldwide Insurance Solutions has launched an international study to explore how the electronic marketplace is reshaping the insurance industry. Analyses on consumer attitudes about the use of electronic services; Preliminary results.
- IBM ends era of free health insurance. Woolsey, Christine // Business Insurance;11/15/93, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the termination of International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) free employee health insurance. Amount of health care claims paid in 1992; Health plan changes as part of IBM's effort to improve competitiveness; Creation of a flexible benefit plan; Changes in the medical plan.