Taking the long view on performance
- VA Regulatory Issues Weigh Safety, Cost. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/1/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p42
Reports on the regulatory issues of variable annuities in the U.S. Benefits of capital safety in variable products with guarantees; Issue of reserving for guarantees in variable products; Change to the Standard Valuation Law.
- As Stock Market Jitters Grow, Investors Are Looking to VAs as a Safer Haven. Hintze, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p26
Explores investment opportunities in variable annuities following the rise of stock market volatility in the United States. Attractiveness of variable annuities over fixed annuities in an inflationary environment; Features attached to variable annuities; Investment diversification in variable...
- ARE TAX-DEFERRED VARIABLE ANNUITIES APPROPRIATE FOR AN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO? Kahn, Alan D.; Lipoff, Lawrence M.; Landau, Jerome; Simon, Debra M.; Sonet, Richard H.; Brizard, Peter; Gordon, Ellen G. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on purchasing tax-deferred variable annuities in the United States. Variable annuity as a source of income; Tips on purchasing variable annuities; Investment options being offered by variable annuities; Taxation of variable annuities.
- Firms taking different variable annuity route. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;6/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p35
Reports on firms that are managing variable annuities as investment managers instead of acting as subadvisers as money managers. Fidelity through its VIP Funds; Neuberger & Berman; Fred Alger's Alger American Fund; Quest for Value Funds; Massachusetts Financial Services; Janus' Aspen series;...
- RIA's Variable Annuity. // Practical Accountant;Jul2001, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p16
Reports the introduction of the unbundled variable annuity 'AdvisorDesigns' from the Security Benefit Group for the registered investment advisor (RIA) market in the United States.
- Immediate Variable Annuities. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p18
No abstract available.
- Variable Immediate Annuities Have The Edge On Mutual Funds. O'Sullivan, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p50
Makes a case for the argument that variable immediate annuities (VIA) will provide insurers with marketing opportunity. How to deal with problems to be faced by the customers; Mechanics of VIA.
- Variable annuity offers investors tax-free vehicle. Mundinger, Richard // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96 Suppelement Finance 96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p4B
Discusses investment options for retiring employees. Definition of variable annuity; Benefits of investing in a variable annuity.
- Swiss, Bahamian annuities can protect assets. Clark, Celia R.; Mandell, David B. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the benefits of investing in foreign variable annuities. Tax features; Asset protection offered for clients; Investment value.