Listening to your clients
- If you want to sell, stop chattering and listen. Naude, Colleen // Finance Week;8/31/2001, p38
Comments on the value of listening to improve the selling performance of sales people. Importance of listening in increasing awareness of what clients want.
- Listening is power. Riddle, Carolyn // Sell!ng;Aug99, p10
Discusses the importance of listening in selling. Tips in listening; How to listen to a customer's emotions. INSET: Does your client hear?.
- Are You Responsive Enough For Your Prospects And Customers? Brooks, Bill // American Salesman;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p21
Presents ideas that may help maximize the responsiveness and listening skills of salespeople. First step in becoming more responsive to the prospect; Ways to improve ability to listen attentively; Barriers to communication and responsiveness.
- If You Want Them To Buy... Better Listen To What They Need. Hutcheson, Susanna K. // American Salesman;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p28
Emphasizes the importance of listening in conversational closing. Experience in buying a printer; Importance of listening to a professional salesperson; Advice for salespeople.
- Better listening skills can help improve your bottom line. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;10/2/95, Vol. 210 Issue 17, p13
Outlines tips aimed at improving the listening skills of sales personnel in the hospitality industry. Effect of inefficient handling of phone inquiries; Tips to improve listening skills.
- Listening skills, enthusiasm top list of salespeople's best traits. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;7/15/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 13, p20
Advises hotel salespeople to develop good listening skills and enthusiasm about many things. Practice of letting the prospect talk to find out what the needs are; Prospects' positive response to salespeople who are open to listening; Positive effect of salespeople's excitement about their jobs...
- The secrets to being a better listener. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Corridor Business Journal;2/8/2016, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p18
The article discusses the quality of being a listener in sales, manners in which people listen such as attitude and mood manners, and best states to be in when listening comprising of state of calm, happy and willing.
- Listen For Unforgettable Customer Care. Brownell, Eileen O. // American Salesman;Jun2000, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p23
Presents techniques that sales personnel can use to develop positive listening skills during sales meeting with a prospect. Importance of being patient; Understanding the differences among prospects; Maintaining eye contact; Conveying interest; Reiterating the key points of the conversation.
- Present yourself like an expert, even when you don't feel like one. // Sales Insider;8/3/2012, Vol. 6 Issue 141, p2
The article examines ways for sales people of presenting themselves as experts even when they do not like being experts, by finding out where the solutions being offered will fit into the whole picture, listening carefully for details needed to proceed and having a sense of humor.