Asia's Tigers Revisited
- Strong growth to continue. // International Construction;May2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the release of the 2008 edition of the "Asian Development Outlook" from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) which forecasts that Asian economies will establish strong growth in the year up to 2009. Ifzal Ali, ADB chief economist, explains that the region's favorable economic...
- Snapshot. // Money Management;7/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p2
Presents a chart depicting the importance of equities according to the financial planners and investment advisors.
- Last year's winners could be clients' downfall. // Money Management;1/27/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the forecast of fund managers and financial planners on economic conditions in Australia. Expectation on the return of growth on oriented stocks; Prognosis of experts on the investment products in 2005; Role of financial planners on the economic forecasting.
- Hottest Pros Turn Cool on Stocks. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Sep2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p75
Suggests that stocks may be overvalued. How some top value managers are sitting on huge stashes of uninvested cash; Views of analysts; Performance of the market; Outlook; Question of whether you should pay management fees to value funds if their managers are not investing.
- Washington report. Jackson, Raynard // National Minority Politics;Jan95, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p29
Reports that people of Asian ancestry living in the United States are better-off economically than other principal minority groups. Survey conducted by New America News Service; Household as defined by the Census Bureau; Favorable financial position of Americans.
- Investing in Indiana. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p55
The article focuses on the homegrown companies of Indiana. It tries to answer the question of which companies stock pickers tend to pick, in order to invest. The issue of state jobs remaining in state, was one of the major issues of 2004 elections. Outsourcing turned out to be one of the sleeper...
- How fund managers manage their own money. ISERNHINKE, CARL // Finweek;3/17/2011 Supplement, p21
The article presents the author's comments implying that a portfolio manager manages his money in a completely different way to the way he or she mangers the clients' money. It is stated that these managers hold concentrated portfolios made up of only a few shares, identified by them. According...
- New concerns but same goal: What the experts like, dislike. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;9/1/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p0013
The article discusses concerns of wealth managers about disturbing events around the globe, their selection of where to invest the money of clients and those they avoid. Topics covered include the preference of Jonathan Citrin of Citrin Group LLC for investing in British pound, Japanese yen and...
- THE FEELING'S MUTUAL. Cramer, James J. // New York;01/22/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
Recommends several mutual fund managers and investment advisers based in the United States who are tasked to organize stock trading for customers. Bill Miller of the Legg Mason Value Trust; Richie Freeman from Smith Barney Aggressive Growth; Elizabeth Bramwell of Bramwell Growth.