TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE
- The Shipowners' Club: Presence in Asia a big boost. // Asia Insurance Review;Jan2010, p58
The article details an interview with Steven Randall, general manager/director of Shipowners' Asia Pte Ltd. in Asia. He claims that their local presence in Singapore has exceeded their expectations. Randall also tells that their capability of being closer to their brokers and protection and...
- Good Roads group elects officers. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p33
The article announces the election of various officers and directors for the 2010-2011 members of the New Hampshire Good Roads Association including Kelly Gagliuso, Dana Key, and Bill Boynton.
- The Board's Vital Role in Membership Development. Deale, Charles W. L. // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p119
Discusses the role of the association's board in membership recruitment and retention. Importance of planning for the board to support membership growth; Tips on developing policy for membership; Ways the board can show their support to the organization's membership efforts.
- Making First-Timers Feel Welcome. Butler, Wilford A. // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p129
Provides suggestions for chief elected officers of an association board to make sure that first-timers board and committee members feel welcome and effective. Importance of self-introductions; Tasks to give newcomers.
- Dual Board Responsibilities. // Association Management;Feb2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p21
Presents an advisory on dual membership in national association's board of directors and a state or local affiliate's board. Fiduciary duties to associations; Need to fulfill duties of care and loyalty; Exercise of reasonable care in performing functions for the association.
- EQUITY FOUNDATION APPOINTS NEW BOARD MEMBERS. Radosta, Jim; Krause, Timothy // Just Out;6/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p11
Announces the appointment of four additional members to the Equity Foundation board of directors. Introduction of Kregg Arnston, Anne Marie Elder, Anne L. Sherman and Diane Tutch; Profession; Community activity involvement; Education.
- Maximizing Your Membership. Mack, Frank R. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p16
The author recalls how becoming an active member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) has provided him a profound amount of value.
- Election of BVA board members. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;5/19/2007, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p704
The article reports that British Veterinary Association members are invited to propose suitable candidates from the membership for a Council-elected director post because one Council-elected director has resigned. The Council will elect for a new director at its meeting on July 4, 2007. The...
- The effects of turnover on committee effectiveness in primary care organisations. Smith, Penny; Walker, Rae; Adam, Jenny // Primary Health Care;Dec2007, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p35
The article discusses the issue of turnover in committee membership in a Primary Care Partnership (PCP) in Australia. The common reasons of members for leaving the PCP committee include the disagreement of committee members with the direction of their committee. Moreover, it was found out that...