Fed planning to make room at top with early retirement
- Economic Structure and Context: Financial System. // Israel Country Monitor;Nov2011, p17
The article offers information regarding the government policy on banking sector in Israel.
- Regulatory roundup. // American Banker;8/10/95, Vol. 160 Issue 153, p10
Presents regulations that affect banks in the United States. Includes farm credit; Capital requirements; Bank premiums.
- Government tinkering threatens banking stability. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov97, Issue 226, p54
Discusses the effects of government policies on the Nigerian banking industry. Rise in people's confidence in the commercial banks; Negative effect of capricious government policies; Lack of confidence in government policies; Importance of banking with government agencies; Provision of autonomy...
- Myths on regulatory burden slow down job of easing it. Garwood, Griffith L. // American Banker;12/20/96, Vol. 161 Issue 243, p4
Opinion. Presents the myths related to regulatory burden in banks in the United States. Includes myth that the rules are nonsense; Myth on the fault of the regulators; Myth on the role of consumer groups; Myth on the role of cost-benefit analysis.
- Regulatory roundup. // American Banker;04/10/97, Vol. 162 Issue 68, p5
Presents updates on the regulations of the different government agencies of the United States related to the banking industry. Open comment for the requests of the federal agencies including the Federal Reserve Board; Call reports by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.
- Senate Democrats say forget mixing banks and commerce. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p1
Reports on the opposition of Senate Democrats to a proposal made by Treasury officials for removing barriers between banking and commerce. Contention on domination of the economy by huge conglomerates; Threat of stripping power from bank regulators; Criticism of cross-industry mergers.
- Computerized call reports start in 3Q for bigger banks. Anason, Dean // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p3
Announces a requirement for American banks to file electronic quarterly call reports starting in the third quarter of 1997. Proposal made by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council; Savings from doing away with paper reports.
- Regulatory roundup. // American Banker;5/11/95, Vol. 160 Issue 90, p12
Discusses developments about regulation of bank activities. Includes data reporting; Corporate credit unions; Lending limits; Incentive pay; Retirement certificate of deposits; Golden parachutes.
- Untitled. // American Banker;1/13/94, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p10
Summarizes proposed rules of major interest to bankers. Proposals; Agencies; Status.