The importance of being new
- Overworked and underpaid. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by `Canadian Business' magazine for its July 1994 issue. The compensation packages that Canadian chief executive officers are typically offered.
- CEOs taking stock. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Apr94, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p5
Reports that chief executive officers (CEOs) of major American industrial companies received pay raises of less than one percent in 1993. Average pay for CEOs.
- Block those cuts. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to the salaries of chief executive officers.
- Does it really pay to pay for performance? Budman, Matthew // Across the Board;Mar1997, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the validity in the United States of dangling financial incentives in order for the chief executive officer (CEO) to perform well. Determination of how good a job a CEO can do; Performance of a CEO without incentives; CEO motivation; Scarcity of evidence linking CEO stockholdings to...
- The advocate and the critic. M.B. // Across the Board;Mar1997, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p20
Reports on differences among academicians in the United States on how chief executive officers should be compensated. Pay for performance advocated by Robert Frank; Criticism by Graef Crystal; Content of the periodical `Crystal Report.'
- Top CEO salaries. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p138
Ranks chief executive officers (CEO) in New Jersey by total compensation received in 1997. Includes Melvin R. Goodes of Warner-Lambert; Lawrence A. Bossidy of AlliedSignal; Henry B. Schact of Lucent Technologies; Richard Jay Koogan of Schering-Plough.
- Tying CEO pay to performance: Compensation committees must do better. Hampson, H. Anthony // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p18
Looks at compensation committees' methods of assessing a chief executive officer's (CEO) performance and eventually judging the latter's compensation. Building an atmosphere of trust and understanding; Need for strong directors; Importance of good performance measures; Critical nature of...
- A million dollars a year? Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p76
Discusses the compensation rules for chief executive officers (CEOs) in Canada. Three principles; Creation of bias toward salary increases; Supply and demand of CEOs; Comparison of the salary between CEOs and unskilled workers; Criticisms on the large compensation received by CEOs.
- NUMBERS Game. Brearton, Steve // CA Magazine;May2011, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p8
The article provides information related to compensation of chief executive officer (CEO) in Canada.
- Highest paid CEOs. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/30/2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p12
Lists several chief executive officers ranked according to compensations received in 2001. Cash compensation received by executives in 2001 and 2000; Addresses of companies with which the executives are associated; Percentage of total company shares held by the executives.