On the Motivation for Paying Scrip Dividends
- Key Views Playing Out�. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/30/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the impact of the decline in demand growth on dividends in China and the U.S. in 2010.
- Dividends. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/27/93, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p18
Presents Michigan companies which have declared dividends. X Centers Inc.; Margate Industries Inc.
- Untitled. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/11/93, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p8
Presents businesses in Detroit, Michigan declaring dividends for payment in October 1993. Includes Heritage Bankcorp Inc.; First Michigan Capital Corp.; Franklin Bank N.A.; More.
- The role of stock dividends in Korea. Dhatt, Manjeet S.; Kim, Yong H.; Mukherji, Sandip // Global Finance Journal;Fall/Winter97, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p295
Examines the role of stock dividends in South Korea the impact of the Commercial Code regulation that raised the minimum par value of stocks in August 1987. Motives for stock dividends; Percentage of Korean Stock Exchange-listed firms distributing stock dividends from 1977 to 1991; Profile of...
- A tax motivation for smoothing dividends. Rozycki, John J. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer97, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p563
Presents information on how a tax motivation presents managers with added reasons for smoothing dividends. How managers perceive shareholders; Importance of smoothing the dividend stream.
- Low dividends prompt funds to revise investment policies. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/18/96-03/25/96, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p17
Reports on the low dividend yields on the Standard & Poor 500 stocks. Problems for growth and income funds; Revision of investment policies by funds in response to low dividends; Comments by The EV Stock portfolio manager Duncan Richardson.
- Dividend news. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p30
No abstract available.
- Dividend policies in practice: Is there an industry effect? Dempsey, Stephen J.; Laber, Gene // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Autumn93, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p3
Reports tests for industry effects after controlling for other firm-specific factors known from prior research to affect dividend payouts. Literature on factors affecting dividend payout; Methodology; Results and analysis.
- Don't count on bigger dividends. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;10/13/97, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p23
Focuses on corporate dividends with emphasis on its performance. Reference to corporations opting to hold on to their money, or use it for stock buyback; Comments from Arnold Kaufman, editor of The Outlook, an Standard & Poor's.