Schism hits Domain Name System
Tags: COMPUTER software
- Vital need for job descriptions. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb98, Issue 8, p5
Reports on the release of PlanIT Software's PlanIT Job Descriptions product, which boasts generic job descriptions for more than 20,000 job titles.
- Easing the pain of RSI. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr98, Issue 9, p5
Features the ErgoSentry, a software package introduced in Great Britain by WS Professional to ease the suffering and the cost of repetitive strain injury. Key features; Hardware requirements.
- A network guide to distance learning. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr98, Issue 9, p6
Features the Distance Learning Environment (DLE), an open systems standard from Pathlore Software that unites both self-paced and virtual classroom training. Delivery of multimedia instruction over an organization's existing network infrastructure; Benefits offered by the DLE architecture.
- A paperless world. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on the implementation of a secure, Internet-based service called A-D Net. Allowance of communications between A-D's staff, it's distributor's affiliates, vendors and their reps; Cutting of A-D's monthly mailing costs by half; Additions to the system, including features to aid...
- Fluke floats software. Chapman, Kimberly // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the release of Network Inspector by Fluke Electronics Canada Incorporated into the software market. Indication that Fluke is known primarily for its LANMeter network test hardware; Features of the Network Inspector; Comments from John McConnell, president of McConnell Consulting...
- Open text informs enterprise. Neshevich, Carol // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p25
Features Livelink Version 8.0 from Open Text Corporation. Examination of Livelink from three workspaces; Indepth look at the aims of Version 8.0; Comments from senior vice president of marketing and cooperative development for the Waterloo, Ontario, Canada based company.
- Cognos ships SAP query tool. Gruske, Carolyn // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p25
Features the Cognos Accelerator for SAP, a support user tool from Cognos Incorporated. Aims of the system; Comments from Brigette Haynes, director of business development at Cognos.
- Netscape's helpers. Eddy, Andy // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p1
Presents information on the computer software Communicator Version 5.0, from the Netscape Communications Corporation, which is manufactured under the name of Mozilla. What Mozilla contributors are working on; Response of Netscape to the Internet Explorer browser from the Microsoft Corporation;...
- Bay reveals more Optivity 9.0 details. Duffy, Jim // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p17
Presents information on the computer software Optivity Version 9.0, by Bay Networks Incorporated. Features of the software; Information on an application included in the software; Benefits of the software to users; Price of the software.
- Novasoft puts JavaBeans to work. // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p33
Presents information on the computer software Novation, from Novasoft Systems Incorporated. Features of the software; How the software will operate; Prices of the software; Comments from Anne Thomas, an analyst with the Patrica Seybold Group company.