No meat? What your family must eat
- KID-FRIENDLY CHICKENLESS NUGGETS. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
A recipe for child-friendly chickenless nuggets is presented.
- Should kids be vegetarians? Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the issue of whether children should be given vegetarian diets. Fiber in vegetarian dishes as leading to deficiencies in nutrients such as vitamin B; Need for parents to plan and prepare nutritionally complete plant-based meals.
- Raising a vegetarian. Jordan, Sarah // Parenting;Jul2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p146
The article offers tips on how to raise a vegetarian child. A child needs adequate amounts of calories and fat to grow. To boost intake, use energy-rich, less saturated fats such as olive and canola oil. Soy products, legumes, and nuts provide protein; broccoli, tahini, fortified soy milk and...
- Veggie babies. // Parenting;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p233
Presents rules to follow when deciding to put a baby on a vegetarian diet. Strict vegetarians; Lacto-vegetarians; Lacto-ovo vegetarians.
- A Pediatric Perspective on Vegetarian Nutrition. Christoffel, Katherine // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1981, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p632
Presents a pediatric perspective on vegetarian nutrition with an intention to aid physicians and nurses caring for children and adolescents on the diets. Reasons for adopting vegetarian diet; Types of food eaten by vegetarian; Health status of vegetarian; Necessary nutrients in vegetarian diet.
- What's meatless chili called? Delicious. Lapointe, Susan G. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 68, p14
Relates how the author began cooking vegetarian meals. Why her children decided to become vegetarians; The challenge of preparing satisfying and delicious meals without meat or fish; Recipes for Black-Bean Chili and Guacamole.
- Macaroni and cheese may be a natural combo on a healthy diet. Franz, Marion J. // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the vegetarian diet and natural food combinations for a healthy diet. Vegetarian diet, including macaroni and cheese, can be a good meal plan; Reasons for selecting the vegetarian plan; Key to a successful food plan; Animal and plant proteins; Complementary food combinations; Complete...
- Life choice frozen vegetarian meals. // Environmental Nutrition;Nov92, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
Announces the introduction of prepared meat-free meals from the maker of the Healthy Choice line of reduced-fat foods. Reviews the meals offered; Quick Chick-Pea Curry, Multibean Minestrone; More.
- Back to our roots. // Essence (Essence);Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p85
A report on root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and turnips, which are low-calorie and sources of important minerals. Recipes.