Trygg-Hansa agrees to sell north American reinsurer
- Trygg-Hansa agrees to sell North American reinsurer. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Apr97, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p22
Reports on Trygg-Hansa Insurance Co. Ltd.'s preliminary agreement to sell its Hansa Reinsurance unit in North America to a group of international investors who formed Medway Insurance Group plc. Management composition of Medway; Change of Hansa's name to Medway Insurance Co.; Recapitalization...
- S&P lowers its ratings for Danish, Swedish insurers. Kielmas, Maria // Business Insurance;10/3/94, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p39
Reports on the lowering of Standard & Poor Corp.'s ratings for Trygg Hansa Insurance Co. Ltd. of Sweden and Denmark's Topdanmark A/S. Trygg Hansa operating losses; Liquidity problems at Topdanmark; Criteria for rating.
- Trygg-Hansa chief quits. Kielmas, Maria // Business Insurance;8/29/94, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p79
Reports on the resignation of Bjorn Spraengare as president and chief executive of Trygg-Hansa. Reason for resignation; Criticism expressed in media over company's operations.
- INSURER PUTS STOCKHOLM HQ ON THE MARKET. // EuroProperty;10/21/2013, p9
The article reports that Stockholm headquarters have been put up for sale by Trygg-Hansa Insurance Co Ltd.
- First-half results look up for Skandia, Trygg-Hansa. Kielmas, Maria // Business Insurance;9/25/95, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p31
Reports that an upturn in non-life underwriting results has boosted the 1995 first-half returns for Swedish insurers Skandia Insurance Co. Ltd. and Trygg-Hansa Insurance Co. Ltd. Settlement of outstanding disputes; Skandia's overall profit and loss; Improvements in the non-life insurance sector;...
- Zurich buying Trygg-Hansa's industrial, marine units. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jun98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p17
Reports on Switzerland-based Zurich Group's signing of a letter of intent to acquire the industrial and marine business of Sweden-based Trygg-Hansa Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Competitors raise concerns about Zurich deal for Home. Jennings, John // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/13/95, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p3
Reports on concerns regarding Zurich Group's proposal to take over the operations of Home Holdings from Sweden-based Trygg Hansa. Expectations for a modified proposal from Zurich Group; Long-range impact of the deal on the American insurance industry.
- Impact of revised Home bid assessed. Jennings, John // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/20/95, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Zurich Insurance Group's revised acquisition bid for Trygg-Hansa's Home Holdings business. Revised bid's impact on future claims of Home Holdings' policyholders; Standard and Poor insurance analyst Peter Wade's comments; Description of revised bid's provisions.
- Trygg Hansa owner denies it will sell non-life units. Kielmas, Maria // Business Insurance;10/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p25
Reports that Jacob Wallenberg, the chief executive of Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, a commercial bank in Sweden, denied that the bank planned to sell the non-life operations of Trygg Hansa Insurance Company. Convictions of market analysts; Comments from Matthew Reece, an analyst with Banking...