Win one for the doctors
- Breast Center adds digital imaging technology. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
Reports that the University Physicians' Tucson Breast Center in Tucson, Arizona has added digital mammogram equipment to its facility. Manufacturer of the equipment; Cost of the unit; Explanation of how the digital mammogram system works; Lack of digital mammogram technology throughout the...
- UMC hospital, physicians group may merge in streamlining effort. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/96, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Tucson, Arizona-based University Medical Center's (UMC) plans to merge its hospital with University Physicians Inc. Comments from University Physicians Chief Medical Officer John Sullivan; Possible complications of the merger; UMC's restructuring program.
- Merger just part of integration puzzle for UMC, UPI. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;8/19/96, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p11B
No abstract available.
- Telephone reminder system works with patient software to reduce no-show rate. Stickney, Patty // Health Management Technology;May1997, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p46
Features University Physicians' SmartTalk system installed to reduce the high no-show rates of patients. Components; Cost of components; Implementation; Staff and patients served; Benefits in terms of savings, productivity and patient care; Enhancements.
- UMC merger goes code blue. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;5/5/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the cancellation of the planned merger of the University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona and University Physicians Inc. (UPI). Disagreement over the potential benefits of the proposed merger; Concerns over a merger's impact on clinical training programs; Merger's requirement for...
- GROWMARK TO PURCHASE SUNCOR'S SHARE OF UPI. // Fuel Oil News;Nov2016, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on planning of agriculture company Growmark to purchase energy company Suncor's interest in medical billing service provider UPI Inc. and mentions that Suncor and Growmark have also entered into long-term supply agreements for Growmark's petroleum needs.
- Cost and quality outcomes of comprehensive epilepsy monitoring review of referrals in a managed... Warren, Barbara H. // Physician Executive;Nov1995, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on patients covered under Arizona's managed Medicaid program for patients under a full-risk, capitated managed care contract with University Physicians Inc. Expected positive outcomes of inpatient epilepsy monitoring and treatment; Cost assessment; Outcomes; Need for careful handling of...
- Southwest symbiosis. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the networking initiatives of academic and community doctors in Tuczon, Arizona. Establishment of the Accountable Health Inc. physician network; Networking initiatives by the University Physicians Inc.; Incentives for the future.
- Arizona LASIK Malpractice Case Inches Forward. // Review of Ophthalmology;Mar2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the ruling of the Arizona Court of Appeals on the case of "Post v. University Physicians Inc." where the court has ruled out against an ophthalmologist over a LASIK outcome. Facts of the case; Merits of the case; Contention of the plaintiff; Argument of the defendant; Basis for the...