Survey of 3D seismic modeling & interpretation software systems
- Data compression breakthrough makes real-time seismic evaluation a reality. George, Dev // Offshore;Mar96, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p33
Reports that Chevron Petroleum Technology Co. has launched a software system for seismic data compression that its developers believe will revolutionize seismic acquisition and facilitate getting new oil and gas fields onstream sooner. Features; Applications; Test results.
- Surge of geoscience software enhancing processing and interpretation. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p98
Provides information on seismic related computer software. Interpret 2000 from Landmark; LSF from Platform Computing; Earthwave from GX Technologies.
- GeoGraphix integrates the Workbench. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Jan98, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p24
Describes improvements in the new versions of GeoGraphix Inc.'s seismic data management and mapping software products GES97, Prizm 2.1 and ResMap. Creation of a MapCentric enhanced interpretation workflow; Use of the Microsoft Windows-based interface; Features.
- Model integration. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p30
Reports that Schlumberger has launched Seismos, its seismic data analysis software, in November 1999. Description of the system.
- Seismic software integrates more functions, reduces time lags. // Offshore;Dec98, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on enhancements in seismic software. Examples of oil-bearing anomalies; Benefits offered by the software; Use of the software in salt volume identification.
- ProMAX upgrade. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p26
Reports that Landmark Graphics Corp. released ProMAX 7.0, the latest upgrade of the software program for 2-/3-dimensional seismic processing. Major enhancements in the software.
- Major improvement in 3D seismic imaging expanding North Sea opportunities. Dunbar, Thad; Lance, Mark // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p70
Discusses the development and implementation of interpretative depth imaging workflows by Amoco and Landmark Graphics for Amoco's prestack depth migration project to support explorations in the North Sea. Integration of interpretation, modeling and seismic imaging in the workflow; Computers...
- The future of seismic software integration. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p98
Presents an interview with Eldad Weiss, chairman and chief executive officer of Paradigm Geophysical, regarding seismic interpretation software integration. Software integration strategy of Paradigm; Views on the gap between geoscience and engineers with physical data sets; Comments on...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Technology;Apr2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p8
The article offers news brief related to global technology. Redknee Inc. allies with Microsoft Corp. to extend its reach into the global markets that Microsoft serves, while enhancing the Microsoft portfolio. Visa Inc. and DeviceFidelity Inc. plan to market a solution enabling mobile phones with...