A systematic counseling approach to the problem of bullying
- Bully proofing your school: Creating a positive climate. Garrity, Carla; Jens, Kathryn // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p235
Discusses a prevention program designed to stop bullying at the elementary level. Five key components of the bully-proofing program; Systems approach of the program; Staff training in implementing the program; Types of conflict resolutions by grade level; Classroom intervention; Intervention...
- Bullies and their victims: Understanding a pervasive problem in the schools. Batsche, George M.; Knoff, Howard M. // School Psychology Review;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p165
Studies bullying in the schools in the United States. Characteristics of bullies and their victims; Factors that affect the development of the bully or victim experience; Responses of the school system to bullying; Components for a comprehensive intervention plan for bullying.
- Making the Grade. // Children & Young People Now;2/23/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Anti-Bullying Coalition by Harrow Council in London, England including its history, achievements, and services.
- Middle school to address bullying. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article presents information on the hosting of a bully prevention program by Whitney Middle School on October 10, 2012 in Whitney, Texas.
- MA House Passes Revision to Anti-Bullying Legislation. // Bay Windows;3/6/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the legislation, H.3909, passed in Massachusetts House, to revise anti-bullying laws for schools.
- Bully-proof your child. Collins, Clare // Working Mother;Aug95, p38
Presents suggestions on how children should defend themselves from troublemakers. Definition of bullying; Victims; Defensive strategies. INSET: What breeds a bully?..
- Attend anti-bullying event set for Dec. 30. // Wilson County News;12/24/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 52, p2E
The article offers information on the "Stand Up Against Bullying" event to be held in the Connections Individual and Family Services building, Floresville, Texas, on December 30, 2014, in which children aged 6-12 will learn various issues related to bullying.
- Community Briefs. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;6/26/2014, Vol. 80 Issue 48, p2
The article offers news briefs related to Minnesota which include the organization of the fourth annual walk against bullying.
- Cleaning up a bullying culture. Lipley, Nick // Nursing Management - UK;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including a report on bullying at a healthcare provider in London, England.