A bite out of the budget? Costs and characteristics of animal bites in Benton County, Oregon
Tags: BITES & stings
- Dog and cat bites: Epidemiologic analyses suggest different prevention strategies. Patrick, Gail R.; O'Rourke, Kathleen M. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun98, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p252
Reports on a study which was conducted with the objective of examining the characteristics of dog and cat bites in El Paso, Texas and their implications on local bite prevention programs. What methods of research were used during the study; Information on the results of the study; When the study...
- Man's best friend: Life threatening sepsis after minor dog bite. Mellor, D.J.; Bhandari, Sunil // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/11/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7074, p129
Examines the occurrence of life threatening sepsis after minor dog bite. Discussion of a case report; Complications resulting from the dog bite.
- Why do mosquito bites itch? // National Geographic World;Jun94, Issue 226, p26
Explains why mosquito bites itch.
- When wasps can kill. Hall, R. // Yankee;Oct87, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p124
Richard Hall recounts how he nearly died due to an allergic reaction to white-faced hornet stings.
- A Costa Rican Adventure. Sobejano, Claudio // Skipping Stones;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in Costa Rica when he was bitten by a transparent fish called hilo de oro and cured by scrubbing sand on the infected area.
- The risks of dog bites. Gilbert, Susan // Redbook;Apr96, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p158
Presents a list of things parents must do immediately after a child is bitten by a dog.
- Dogs, cats, and Tyson. Kulman, Linda // U.S. News & World Report;07/14/97, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the results of a study into the occurrence of bites from dogs, cats, and humans. The number of injuries inflicted each year; The reason human bites are more infectious; The most serious human bites.
- Coping with bites and stings. // USA Today Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 126 Issue 2635, p11
Offers advice on how to deal with insect bites and stings. Description of how various stings affect the body; How to treat a basic bite or sting; When to seek medical assistance.
- Managing injuries from dog attacks. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;5/15/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p2542
Focuses on the article `Managing Injuries From Dog Attacks,' which was published in the December 1997 issue of the `Australian Family Physician.' Organisms which can infect dog bites; How dog bites should be treated; Recommendation for patients with wounds with a risk of infection.
- LESIONES POR MEDUSAS: FRAGATA PORTUGUESA. PRESENTACIÓN DE CASO (SISTEMA INTEGRADO DE URGENCIAS MÉDICAS. LA HABANA). Carrera Gonzalez, Elier; Noa Hernández, Jose E.; Hevia Salgebiel, Amaury; Collazo Márquez, Luis A. // Ciberrevista Enfermeriadeurgencias.com;Mar/Abr2012, Issue 24, p41
Present a case of an adolescent it kills of sting for jellyfish, an example of these species is Physalia physalis or good known for Portuguese frigate or Portuguese ship. In the months of March to May, before the rains they are very frequent the cases of swimmers kill of these jellyfishes. The...