N.Y. Senate confirms Levin nomination by unanimous vote
- N.Y. Dept. Says It Is Probing Allegations That Some Life Insurers May Be Playing Race Card. // Insurance Advocate;06/10/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p11
Reports that the New York Insurance Department is preparing specifications that will require life insurers to review race-based underwriting practices. Comments from Superintendent Neil D. Levin; Explanation on race-based underwriting.
- N.Y. Dept. Adopts Internet Guidelines For Producer Advertising, Referrals, Solicitations. // Insurance Advocate;02/10/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the announcement of Neil D. Levin, New York Superintendent of Insurance on the guidelines issued by the department on the application of the New York Insurance Law to insurance advertisers. Details on the guidelines for advertisement, referrals and solicitations over the Internet.
- N.Y. superintendent Levin angers department employees. // Insurance Advocate;01/17/98, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p2
No abstract available.
- Supt. Levin under fire from staff. Carbajal Jr., Michael // Insurance Advocate;01/24/98, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p14
Comments on the accusations being published by a group employees at the New York Department of Insurance aimed to demean Superintendent Neil Levin. Claims on Levin's role as both heads of the insurance and banking departments; Levin's plans to reduce civil service positions; Levin's practice of...
- Some review of charges in underground `newsletter'... Levy, Emanuel // Insurance Advocate;03/28/98, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p3
Reviews volumes 3 and 4 of the `Insurance Newsletter,' the underground publication evidently being produced inside the New York Insurance Department. Comparison of the materials with the previous two issues; Complaints of the writers against Insurance Superintendent Neil Levin; Other issues...
- N.Y. superintendent announces added distribution to health insurers to curb rate increases. // Insurance Advocate;12/12/98, Vol. 109 Issue 49, p30
Reports that Neil Levin, New York Superintendent of Insurance, has ordered the distribution of $39 million to New York health insurers to curb increases in 1999 rates for individual and small group policyholders. Total payment to be distributed by the department; Introduction of the...
- N.Y. Dept. Sets Disaster Response Program To Aid Those Affected As Result of Hurricane Floyd. // Insurance Advocate;09/25/99, Vol. 110 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on the disaster response program set by the New York State Insurance Department to aid those affected by Hurricane Floyd in 1999. Statement from Insurance Superintendent Neil D. Levin; Emergency number of the Federal Flood Insurance Program.
- Vytra Healthcare Of Long Island Fined For Late Pay Violation. // Insurance Advocate;09/25/99, Vol. 110 Issue 38, p32
Reports that Vytra Healthcare has agreed to pay a fine levied by the New York Insurance Department to cover its violation of the Prompt Pay Law. Remarks from Insurance Superintendent Neil D. Levin; Provisions of the Prompt Pay Law.
- N.Y. Superintendent Reports No Significant Transition Problems Developed In Y2K Rollover. // Insurance Advocate;01/22/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on a report of New York Superintendent of Insurance Neil D. Levin on the impact of the year 2000 date conversion computer problems (Y2K) on the insurance industry. Percentage of insurance companies in the US that reported no significant Y2K problems as of January 5, 2000; Schedule of the...