Ok, gang, we've got a plan
- Barshefsky asked to stay on as USTR. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 24, p26
Reports that President Bill Clinton has asked Charlene Barshefsky to continue her role as acting United States Trade Representative until January 1997.
- Charlene Barshefsky. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1172
Profiles US Trade Representative Charlene Barshefsky. Roles and responsibilities; Role in persuading Chinese officials to close two factories that have been producing illegal copies of compact discs; Other achievements; Comments from colleagues.
- House gives Barshefsky a pass. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/12/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 48, p24
Reports that the US House of Representatives has allowed Charlene Barshefsky to become a trade representative of the country with its approval of a waiver of a law that would have barred her from service.
- Take a bow and then duck. // National Journal;2/22/97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p353
Criticizes the authority of Charlene Barshefsky as the United States Trade Representative in the pact to open the telecommunications market in other nations to competition.
- Cashmere Sweaters on Hit List. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/22/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 118, p9
Reports that cashmere sweaters and plastic handbags are the only fashion categories to appear on the list released by the United States (US) of European-made products threatened with punitive tariffs. Comments from Charlene Barshefsky, US Trade Representative; Failure of the US trade officials...
- Tough editor, that Charlene. // National Journal;7/05/97, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p1359
Reports on the suggested revisions for the draft on the North American Free Trade Agreement by Charlene Barshefsky, United States trade representative.
- WTO: China proposal rejected. // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p8
Presents information on the rejection by United States Trade Representative Charlene Barshefsky, of a proposal by China to open its telecommunications market. Effects the rejection will have on China's efforts to become a member of the World Trade Organization; Who China's telecom equipment...
- Lott snags Barshefsky bid, cites her work for Canada. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/30/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott's opposition against United States Trade Representative nominee Charlene Barshefsky's government appointment. US government administration's request that a 1995 law be waived that would prohibit Barshefsky from serving; Barshfsky's involvement as a...
- Charlene Barshefsky on trade. Srodes, James // World Trade;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the views of Charlene Barshefsky on the United States trade community. Free-market global trade environment; Implications of financial crisis in Asia.