Notable children's recordings
- The return of vinyl? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the sales increase of vinyl long-playing (LP) recordings in the United States, according to an article in the `New York Times'. Reason for some people's preference for vinyl LPs.
- Tunes children can bop to. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;7/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 159, p12
Presents some of the musical recordings which can enrich the listening experience and hence can be added to one's collection. Music of Disney's `Pocahontas'; `Papa's Dream,' performed and produced by Los Lobos; Music of `A Child's Celebration of Broadway'; More.
- Cool vibes. Burkholder, Missy; Nelson, Kristina // Campus Life;Jan1997, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p22
Features several religious sound recordings. Includes Cindy Morgan's `Listen'; Noveaux's `And This is How I Feel'; Two of More's `Life in the Diamond Lane.'
- Best children's recordings. Tynan, Laurie // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p23
Recommends the best audio recordings for children. Includes `Singin' and a Swingin',' by Jude Johnson; `At Quiet O'Clock,' by Sally Rogers; `Daydreamer,' by Priscilla Herdman; `Wooleycat's Favorite Fairy Tales,' by Dennis Hysom; `Let's Blow the Bubbles: Real-Life Experience Songs for Children...
- Picks. Ellis, Andy // Guitar Player;Sep96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p103
No abstract available.
- Discs of destiny. // Guitar Player;Jan97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p95
Features the top discs from singers-guitarists for the period 1967-1995. Includes `Electric Ladyland,' by Jimi Hendrix; `Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere,' by Neil Young; `Funkadelic,' by Maggot Brain.
- Picks. Gore, Joe // Guitar Player;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p99
Reviews several guitar-based music recordings. Includes `Industry,' by Richard Thompson and Danny Thompson; `In These Great Times,' by John Schott; `Silent Extinction Beyond the Zero,' by Jon Durant.
- 3-D audio: Above and behind you or moving low left to right? Wright, Maury // EDN;6/6/96, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p87
Focuses on three-dimensional audio technology. Use of two speakers or a pair of headphones; Spatial enhancement; Comparison between analog and digital implementation; Target applications; Azimuth positioning. INSETS: 3-D audio biophysics.;Looking ahead..
- Random, Bantam to distribute audiotapes through video stores. Tangorra, J.; Zinsser, J. // Publishers Weekly;12/1/89, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p27
Announces the news that the audio divisions of Random House and Bantam Books will be distributing their tapes through video stores and that they have signed a non-exclusive agreement with Star Video, a major East Coast distributor. Sales vs. rental issues.
- Getting the word out. Tangorra, J. // Publishers Weekly;1/5/90, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the coming-of-age of the spoken-word-audio market with stronger market acceptance and closer cooperation with book publishers. Merchandising; Audio bestsellers; Future for spoken-word-audio market.