Notable children's recordings
- The return of vinyl? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the sales increase of vinyl long-playing (LP) recordings in the United States, according to an article in the `New York Times'. Reason for some people's preference for vinyl LPs.
- Cool vibes. Burkholder, Missy; Nelson, Kristina // Campus Life;Jan1997, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p22
Features several religious sound recordings. Includes Cindy Morgan's `Listen'; Noveaux's `And This is How I Feel'; Two of More's `Life in the Diamond Lane.'
- Picks. Gore, Joe // Guitar Player;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p99
Reviews several guitar-based music recordings. Includes `Industry,' by Richard Thompson and Danny Thompson; `In These Great Times,' by John Schott; `Silent Extinction Beyond the Zero,' by Jon Durant.
- 3-D audio: Above and behind you or moving low left to right? Wright, Maury // EDN;6/6/96, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p87
Focuses on three-dimensional audio technology. Use of two speakers or a pair of headphones; Spatial enhancement; Comparison between analog and digital implementation; Target applications; Azimuth positioning. INSETS: 3-D audio biophysics.;Looking ahead..
- Random, Bantam to distribute audiotapes through video stores. Tangorra, J.; Zinsser, J. // Publishers Weekly;12/1/89, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p27
Announces the news that the audio divisions of Random House and Bantam Books will be distributing their tapes through video stores and that they have signed a non-exclusive agreement with Star Video, a major East Coast distributor. Sales vs. rental issues.
- Getting the word out. Tangorra, J. // Publishers Weekly;1/5/90, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the coming-of-age of the spoken-word-audio market with stronger market acceptance and closer cooperation with book publishers. Merchandising; Audio bestsellers; Future for spoken-word-audio market.
- Now it's digital FM radio. Fleischmann, M. // Popular Science;Nov90, Vol. 237 Issue 5, p77
Discusses digital audio broadcasting (DAB), which will give new FM receivers CD-quality sound. Also discusses Radio Data Service, where conventional FM broadcasters add a digital stream of data to the normal programming. Benefits of digital broadcasting.
- Britain witnessing a `vinyl revival.' Moss, Caroline // Pro Sound News;Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the revival on vinyl in Great Britain's music industry. Increase in the number of vinyl sales worldwide; Comments from David Hughes, director of corporate affairs for EMI; Reasons for the increase in vinyl sales.
- Music. Hund, Peter // World Trade;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p32
Reviews several music recordings. Includes `4 Aces,' by Texas Tornadoes; `Celtic Soul,' by Noirin Ni Riain; `Mouth to Mouth,' by the Black-Eyed Susans; `Windows,' by Michael Sanchez.
- The sound of music. Iknoian, Therese // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr93, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the sport-specific music tapes, with a beat ideal for that sport, produced by Bruce Blackman, founder of Sports Music Inc.; Details; Contact point.