Current trends and issues in library and information science
- Editorial. Pymm, Bob // Australian Academic & Research Libraries;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various published reports within the issue, including one by Michael Olsson that examines information seeking, one by Kerry Smith and Mike Middleton that explores the rankings used in a journal citation system and one by Sue Reynolds that examines the career of Australian...
- Extending the Information Commons: From Instructional Testbed to Internet2. Beagle, Donald // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p287
Explores the role of Information Commons (IC) as testbed for instructional support and knowledge discovery. Role of IC in library management; Advantages of loosely coupled systems of educational organization; Problems posed by the proposal to turn libraries and their access tools into knowledge...
- Current Theory in Library and Information Science (Book). Seavey, Charles A.; Zlatos, Christy // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p122
Reviews the journal 'Current Theory in Library and Information Science,' edited by William E. McGrath, a special issue published by the journal 'Library Trends' in Winter 2002.
- HISTORICAL FOOTNOTES. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov88, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p296
Provides information on several issues regarding library science. Discussion of the association of cleanliness in body with cleanliness of mind; Ideas of former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt on the selection and classification of books.
- Recent Developments in the Russian Far East: The State of Education for Librarianship. Richardson Jr., John V. // Journal of Education for Library & Information Science;Spring2003, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p137
In this article, the author reports on a recent visit to the Russian Far East to lecture and consult with Russian universities interested in developing new library and information science programs, courtesy of the U.S. Department of State. It provides a brief geographical orientation to the...
- Library bodies set to merge. // Knowledge Management;Apr2002, p2
Reports on the plan of the Library Association and the Institute of Information Scientists to form the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals in April 2002.
- Writing Your First Scholarly Article: A Guide for Budding Authors in Librarianship. Nicholson, Scott // Information Technology & Libraries;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p108
The article offers information on how to make a successful production of a scholarly article in librarianship.
- Long-Range Librarianship, No. 6: "In" is In, But Will It Always Be? Studwell, William E. // Technicalities;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the conflict between library science and information science. Distinction between the two disciplines; Vulnerability to dangers that threaten all global communities.
- Facilitating classroom discussion on diversity. Jeng, Ling Hwey // Journal of Education for Library & Information Science;Fall97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p334
Addresses the teaching of special topics in library and information sciences, focusing on the use of diversity. Importance of diversity in discussion on academic topics; Creation of different case scenarios pertaining to the issue.
- QUIZ 1. // Indian Journal of Library & Information Science;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p283
A quiz about library and information science is presented.