Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) test for the diagnosis pf renovascular hypertension
- The diagnosis of renovascular disease. Dillon, Michael J. // Pediatric Nephrology;1997, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p366
Renovascular disease is an important cause of remediable hypertension in childhood. Specific diagnostic procedures currently available to investigate affected children include Doppler and computed duplex sonography, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor sensitisation of radionuclide...
- MRA Recommended for Suspected RAS in Obese Patients. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p201
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Magnetic resonance angiography versus duplex sonography for diagnosing renovascular disease,' by D.A. Leung, U. Hoffmann, T. Pfammatter and others, published in the 1999 issue of the journal 'Hypertension'.
- Monitor renal function in elderly heart failure patients on ACE inhibitors. // Modern Medicine;Sep98, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p28
Presents an abstract of the article `Risk of morbidity from renovascular disease in elderly patients with congestive cardiac failure,' by P. MacDowall, P.A. Kalra, et al from `Lancet' dated July 4, 1998.
- Both CRS and DDS Effective in Detecting Significant RAS. // Kidney;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p190
Discusses the abstract of a study entitled 'Captopril renography and duplex Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of renovascular hypertension,' by S. Kaplan-Pavlovi and C. Nadja, published in the 1998 issue of 'Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation.'
- Detection of Renovascular Hypertension. Mann, Samuel J.; Pickering, Thomas G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/15/92, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p845
Examines several advances in detecting renovascular hypertension. Comparison between the sensitivity and specificity of captopril test and of captopril scintigraphy with diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid; Disadvantages of intravenous pyelography as method for detecting renovascular...
- Duplex ultrasound: method of choice when screening for RAS. // Kidney;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
Presents an abstract of the study 'Evaluation of Duplex Ultrasound and Captopril Renography for Detection of Renovascular Hypertension,' by M. Johansson, G. Jensen, M. Aurell et al.
- Use of SQ 20881 Converting Enzyme Inhibitor in Predicting Response to Surgery in Renovascular Hypertension. Rosenthal, T.; Stern, N.; Rubinstein, Z.; Morag, B.; Adar, R. // Angiology;Jan1982, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p11
This article cites a study on the use of SQ 20881, a synthetic nonapeptide, as a prognostic tool for evaluating the potential surgical curability of renovascular hypertension. The excellent correlation number between the pre-operative response to SQ 20881 and the surgical result is extremely...
- Unusual presentation of long-standing aortic coarctation. Raj, Rohit K.; Gandhi, Ripal T.; Golik, Daniel W.; Pena, Constantino; Benenati, James F. // Vascular Medicine;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p314
The article discusses long standing aortic coarctation in the case of 65-year-old man with a medical history of resistant hypertension and underwent a renal duplex ultrasounds. It states that renal ultrasound trace no renovascular hypertension, instead, tarvus parvus waveforms was identified....
- Diagnostic importance of abdominal bruits. // American Family Physician;4/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p1865
Focuses on a study which reviewed the literature associated with abdominal bruit in order to determine its significance and characteristics in the diagnosis of renovascular hypertension. Number of persons with an abdominal bruit; When are bruits detected; Difficulty in characterising abdominal...