Advanced technology and long-range energy requirements
- Power & energy. Griffin, Joel // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p107
Reports that there have been predictions that power needs in Asia would represent almost half of global generating capacity and half of the world's investment in power generation would be there. Plans of the Chinese government; Percentage contribution of coal; Loss of valuable foreign exchange...
- Oil shocks and the demand for electricity. Kokkelenberg, Edward C.; Mount, Timothy D. // Energy Journal;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p113
Presents a study which attempts to forecast the demand for electricity in the United states, through the use of Time Series Analysis. Demonstration of how oil works through the economy in influencing the demand for electricity; Annual growth rates of the demand for electricity projected by the...
- Western demand growth hits 4 per cent. // Modern Power Systems;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Predicts the increase in electricity demand in Western Australia by an annual average of four percent in ten years according to the State Energy Commission of Western Australia.
- Asian dragons. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the forecast on the energy consumption of Asian countries between 1995 to 2015 made by DRI/McGraw-Hill Global Energy Group. Japan's share of the region's demand; Role of coal in generation.
- World energy demand to double. // National Petroleum News;Oct96, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p7
Explains the prediction by the Energy Information Association (EIA) that worldwide demand for energy will increase by 50 percent within 20 years from the year 1996. Increase in oil consumption.
- America's Energy Choices. // Earth Island Journal;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
Highlights `America's Energy Choices,' a report published by the Union of Concerned Scientists (USC). Warning about the current US energy-used trends; Potential increase in energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions over the next 40 years; Basic changes needed to implement.
- The National Transportation Policy Study Commission and Its Final Report: A Review. Williams Jr., Ernest W. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Spring80, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
Presents a review of the final report of the U.S. National Transportation Policy Study Commission. Format of the report; Forecasts of transportation activity in the report; Estimation of the energy consumption in transport sector on the basis of forecasts; Details on policy themes stated in the...
- Industrial markets to increase energy consumption. // IIE Solutions;Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the United States industrial sector will expand its need for energy over the next 20 years starting in 2000. Details on the Gas Institute report `1998 Industrial Trends Analysis'; Why energy demand will increase at a slower rate than in the past.
- Rational energy plan. // Modern Power Systems;Jun94, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the Slovenia government's approval of a strategy for the rational and ecologically appropriate use of energy prepared by the Ministry of Economic Activities. Investment projects required in order to meet the demand for energy in the year 2010; Estimated cost of investments in power...
- Power surge continues. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p8
Reports on the findings of brokerage firm HG Asia's research on the projected increase in demand for electricity in Asia.