Global markets for U.S. hardwood components
- Talk to someone who owns one. // Forest Products Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p8
Reports on Hardwood Manufacturers Association Technology Information Center's maintaining of a database of lumber manufacturing equipment in use at member facilities, as well as brochures and videos from suppliers.
- Hardwood groups ponder promotional campaign. L.A. // Wood & Wood Products;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the members of the hardwood supply industry's congressionally-approved, industry-wide mandatory assessment program called Commodity Checkoff Program. Possibility of raising $25 million; Funds to be used in marketing and educating the public about the benefits of hardwoods;...
- Operating a high-cost hardwood lumber environment. Wilhelm, Steve // Wood & Wood Products;Jul94, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p237
Presents information on the hardwood lumber environment in the woodworking industry. Background accounts on the environment; Price statistics; Furniture which use hardwood; Market potential of using hardwood.
- Hardwood Development Council works to expand Pennsylvania industry. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p76
Presents topics which were taken up during a comprehensive needs assessment of Pennsylvania's hardwood industry funded by the Hardwoods Development Council (HDC). Background on the council and its formation; Findings and recommendations in a 56-page document; Activities, actions and programs of...
- Governor's Response Team in tune with business needs. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p76
Reports on the Governor's Response Team which coordinates the economic development efforts of the Pennsylvania Hardwoods Development Council. Single point of contact provided by the response team to businesses undertaking expansion projects; Features of the development process in Pennsylvania.
- Products and services guide. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p82
Provides an index prepared by the Hardwoods Development Council describing products and services related to the hardwoods industry in Pennsylvania. Includes products and services by Babcock Lumber Co.; Digital Tool Inc.; Eubank Inc.; Keystone Wood Specialties Inc.; Pennsylvania Dept. of...
- 'Green' hardwoods? // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p17
The article presents data of hardwood industry in Indiana including the value of annual shipments, the number of additional jobs, and the total of acres of Indiana forest.
- Site selection. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul93, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p187
Reports on the Pennsylvania Hardwoods Development Council's hardwood industry development program. Assistance in site selection, financial packaging, permits and training.
- Hardwood Manufacturers Assn. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p94
Reports on the status of the hardwood industry in the United States according to the Hardwood Manufacturers Association (HMA). Comments from Susan Regan, HMA executive vice president; Industry issues; Accomplishments in 1998; Goals for 1999.