For the love of country
Tags: WELFARE state
- The Norwegian welfare state on the threshold of a new century. Botten, Grete; Elvbakken, Kari Tove; Kildal, Nanna // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p81
Editorial. Assesses the strength of Norway as a welfare state in the 21st century. Primary functions of a welfare state; Overview of the financial foundation of Norway; Dominant welfare issues in the nation's health care sector during 1990s; Details of the ten year program for welfare research...
- The economics of the Welfare State. Atkinson, Anthony Barnes // American Economist;Fall 1996, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the economic impact of Welfare State. The author's reservations about the direction of some writing by economists on Welfare State; Purpose of the Welfare State; Empirical evidence and its interpretation; Theory of economic growth; Position of elderly with disabilities who need...
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Winter95, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p143
Highlights the report `The Welfare State and Economic Performance,' by A.B. Atkinson, published in the June 1995 issue of `National Tax Journal.' Clarification of the nature of charges leveled against the welfare state, particularly in Western Europe; Problems associated with aggregate...
- Miles to go. // Commonweal;09/26/97, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p5
States Bill Clinton's willingness to tackle what were widely believed to be the outright fraud, inefficiencies and culture of dependency plaguing the welfare system of the government. Several factors which caused the decline in welfare lists; Employment as a less effective way to reduce poverty;...
- Class and community in Canadian welfare work, 1933-1960. Tillotson, Shirley // Journal of Canadian Studies;Spring97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
Presents information on welfare work in Canada from 1933-1960, in relation to class and community. Details on the fundamental effects which welfare had on class relations; How working class Canadians benefitted; Indepth look at the Canadian Labour Congress' views on private welfare work.
- Dismantling the welfare state. Eitzen, D. Stanley // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/96, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p532
Presents a speech delivered by a Colorado State University Professor Emeritus of sociology given before the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Alumni Week Lecture on April 25, 1996 dealing with the issue of welfare state. Effect of government subsidies on social problems; Individuals need to...
- Taxpayer choice. Goodman, John C. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/96, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p537
Presents a speech delivered by the National Center for Policy Analysis president given before the Subcommittee on Children and Families and Human Resources Committee of the US Senate March 26, 1996 dealing with the issue of welfare state. Total spending on antipoverty programs; Solution of the...
- Einleitung zu Sozialpolitik und soziale Ungleichheit. Westergaard, John // Zeitschrift f�r Sozialreform;jan1980, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article serves as an introduction to the immediately subsequent article on social policy and social inequality, and on reform of the English welfare system.
- Trapped in a safety net. Dickson, Niall // New Statesman & Society;05/24/96, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p12
Examines issues on the future of welfare in Great Britain. Growing inequality and differences among classes; Reduction of state pensions; Proposed government measures on welfare.