- Controlling the properties of filled epoxy oligomers. Osipov, P. V.; Osipchik, V. S.; Smotrova, S. A.; Savel'ev, D. N. // International Polymer Science & Technology;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses a study on polymer matrices (binders) based on modified epoxy oligomers for polymer composite materials. The researchers investigated the processing, physicochemical, and physicomechanical properties of the epoxy composites. The study found that the composites can be used...
- High performance matrix resins for advanced FRP composites. Phadke, N. L. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2010, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p27
The article discusses the potential application of high performance matrix resins in advanced fiber reinforced plastics (FRP) composites. The types of polymer matrices being used in advanced FRP composite materials like epoxies, phenolics and polybenzimidazoles are described. Details regarding...
- Toughness of syndiotactic polystyrene (sPS)/epoxy blends. Korenberg, C. F.; Kinloch, A. J.; Taylor, A. C.; Schut, J. // Journal of Materials Science Letters;Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p507
Examines the toughness of syndiotactic polystyrene/epoxy blends. Use of epoxies as engineering adhesives and matrices for fiber-composite materials; Efficacy of novel semi-crystalline thermoplastic/epoxy blend; Cause of the degradation of both the epoxy resin and syndiotactic polystyrene.
- The fracture of glass-fibre-reinforced epoxy composites using nanoparticle-modified matrices. Kinloch, A. J.; Masania, K.; Taylor, A. C.; Sprenger, S.; Egan, D. // Journal of Materials Science;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p1151
A letter to the editor is presented discussing a study about the fracture of glass-fibre-reinforced epoxy composites using nanoparticle-modified matrices.
- Making epoxy composites recyclable by design. // Composites Technology;Jan2015, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that California-based composites specialist Connora Technologies and Chinese partner Adesso Advanced Materials have gained attention for their hardeners which make epoxy resins recyclable.
- Plasma Treated Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs) for Epoxy Nanocomposites. Ritts, Andrew C.; Qingsong Yu; Hao Li; Lombardo, Stephen J.; Xu Han; Zhenhai Xia; Jie Lian // Polymers (20734360);Dec2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2142
Plasma nanocoating of allylamine were deposited on the surfaces of multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) to provide desirable functionalities and thus to tailor the surface characteristics of MWCNTs for improved dispersion and interfacial adhesion in epoxy matrices. Plasma nanocoated MWCNTs...
- Extraction of dielectric and magnetic properties of carbonyl iron powder composites at high frequencies. Zivkovic, I.; Murk, A. // Journal of Applied Physics;Jun2012, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p114104
In this paper, we examine carbonyl iron composites in silicone rubber and epoxy matrices. Transmission measurements were performed at W (70 to 110 GHz) and Ka (26 to 40 GHz) bands and effective permittivity and permeability of composites with 10% volume fraction of carbonyl iron powder (CIP)...
- PRO-SET Epoxies Reformulated. // Professional Boatbuilder;Feb/Mar2013, Issue 141, p8
The article previews the PRO-SET new formulation advanced composite epoxies from Gougeon Brothers Inc.
- MORPHOLOGY AND THERMO-MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF EPOXY COMPOSITES WITH GLASSY CARBON. Pusz, Sławomira; Szeluga, Urszula; Nagel, Bogumiła; Czajkowska, Sylwia; Myalski, Jerzy // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2014, Vol. 1, p121
The application of carbon fillers to polymer matrices requires basic knowledge about characteristics of both phases. Interactions between a filler and polymer matrix affecting the morphology and dynamics of polymer's chains molecular motion in such mixtures should be also taken into...
- INFLUENCE OF HYDROPHILIC FILLER ON FIRE RESISTANCE OF EPOXY COMPOSITES. Kablov, V. F.; Zhivaev, A. A.; Keibal, N. A.; Krekaleva, T. V.; Stepanova, A. G. // Journal of Nature Science & Sustainable Technology;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p157
Fire resistant water containing epoxy composites have been developed and studied in the work. The influence of hydrophilic filler content on the fire resistance of epoxy polymers based on epoxy oligomers has been established.