- The Stow Bin Hinge Binge. Wieking, Bob // Technology Teacher;May/Jun95, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p9
Details Stow Bin Hinge Binge, a learning activity for Metallurgy and Materials courses that integrates composite product design and sketching, mockup development, composite product fabrication and materials testing. Description of composites; Stow Bin and composite learning experience; ...
- Checking out composites. // Design Engineering;Jan1997, p37
Presents information on composite materials. Properties of composite materials; Fibre format processes of composites; Details on the chopped strand mat (CSM); Availability of `non-crimp fabrics' (NCF); Design and production techniques used with composite fibres.
- Short Course At NCSU To Cover Industrial Fabric Fundamentals. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jan82, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the plan of Industrial Fabrics Association International to sponsor a short course on the fundamentals of industrial fabrics from February 22-26, 1982 at the North Carolina State University's School of Textiles. The author stated that the course is designed to meet the...
- Rapra Technology plans course on TPEs. // Rubber World;Aug2005, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p74
Introduces the training course offered by Rapra Technology Ltd. in Great Britain. Title of the short course; Benefits of the course for individuals involved in product design, engineering, technical support and manufacturers; Details on the course content and its fee.
- NIFT course. // Colourage;Sep96, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p78
Reports that the Textile Design and Development Department of the National Institute of Fashion Technology is offering a one-year certificate course on `Fabric Styling and Production Technology.' Duration of the course; Topics to be covered; Contact information.
- IS IT REALLY LOW-TECH vs. HIGH-TECH? Clements, Linda L. // Composites Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The author reflects on her fascination with high-performance composites. She emphasizes that the high technology and the low technology ends of the composites industry can learn from each other. She cites the advantage of engaging with short courses or tutorial that introduces high-performance...
- Fabric Appreciation Courses for Retailers. // Textile Institute & Industry;Sep1975, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p280
This article reports on courses on the design, manufacture and sale of fabrics being offered to retail staff in the fabric industry by the Design Council and the National Association of Retail Furnishers at Holly Royde College in Manchester, England. The course will provide lectures, visits and...
- A certain air. // Town & Country;May97, Vol. 151 Issue 5204, p96
Features sheer fabrics and cane furnitures for the summer. Descriptions of product design; Fabric and furniture designers; Companies that manufactures fabrics.
- On Pins and Needles. // Interior Design;Sep98, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p140
Presents information on several portfolio fabrics for interior designing. Fabric composition; Contact information.
- Ann CorbiÃ¨re. Helmi, Kunang // Fiberarts;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
The article describes the work of fabric designer/weaver Ann CorbiÃ¨re. The strands of CorbiÃ¨re's profession as a costume and fabric designer/weaver seem equally clear to trace, whether in her family background or among her natural talents. In 1988, a short time before CorbiÃ¨re's fateful...