- SINGAPORE'S FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS: IMPLICATIONS FOR ASEAN AND FUTURE CHALLENGES. Sen, Rahul // Regional Outlook;2003/2004 Southeast Asia, p75
Examines the implications of Singapore's free trade agreements (FTA) strategy on the future trading arrangements involving the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations. Possibility of Singapore to influence the overall regional grouping to explore the possibilities for negotiating such FTA...
- More than Trade. Borchert, Heiko // Global Asia;Summer2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p68
An essay is presented which examines the trade and investment ties of the Asia Pacific (APAC) region with Germany. The author argues on the need for greater security cooperation, given the region's strategic vulnerabilities. Other topics discussed include a German-APAC security agenda, that...
- US agriculture can't afford delay on unconsidered trade agreements. Lucas, Frank; Camp, Dave // Hill;6/29/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p39
The article reports on talks between the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and Asia-Pacific trading partners to establish the Trans-Pacific Partnership to lessen trade barriers in the region.
- Asia Pacific a target for design trade initiative. Clayton, Richard // Design Week;6/5/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the British design trade advisory body Design Partners' efforts to boost business opportunities in the Asia Pacific region. Plans of the group to develop trade promotion strategies; Involvement of the group in several design projects in the region.
- Asia Pacific cargo continues expansion. // Air Cargo World;Sep2014, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p15
The article discusses the preliminary traffic reports of the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA), a trade association of major scheduled international airlines based in the Asia-Pacific region which shows the continuous expansion of air freight markets in Asia as of June 2014.
- TAIWAN'S POSITION IN ASIA-PACIFIC ECONOMIC INTEGRATION AFTER THE ECFA. Fang, Po Kai // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2014, Issue 370, p116
Two current focal points for regional economic relations in Asia-Pacific area are the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) led by the United States and an ASEAN-centred Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP). Taiwan as an economy highly interconnected with mainland China surely would...
- Women less supportive of Asian investment. // Asian Pacific Post;8/20/2015, p19
The article reports on the 2015 National Opinion Poll (NOP) from the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada which show that women are less likely to support investment from major Asian trading partners than men.
- Mixing it up: the future of trade in Asia. MULRENAN, STEPHEN // IBA Global Insight;Feb/Mar2015, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p58
In the article, the author discusses economic developments in the Asia Pacific region as of February 2015, particularly the plan by the region's leaders to establish a new free trade zone. The plan "Free Trade Area of the Asia Pacific (FTAAP) was signed during the Asia-Pacific Economic...
- Asia-Pacific long/short managers survive a gruelling October. // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports on the growth of the Asia Hedge Composite Index and mentions the volatility of the trading sector in Asia Pacific region in October 2014.
- Tricks of trade. Ruthven, Phil // BRW;4/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p19
The article focuses on the changes of export trade in Australia. It mentions that for 2008, exports account for the 22% of the gross domestic product (GDP) of the country. However, it notes that agricultural products share less than 4% of the country's exports. It highlights that changes in the...