- Sumitomo offered higher stake in Garware Chem. // Chemical Business;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p67
Reports on Garware Polyester's offer to sell a share of its equity in Garware Chemicals to Sumitomo Corp. Sumitomo's agreement to supply the paraxylene requirement of Garware Chemicals' plant in India.
- Chemicals Firms Tap In to Stronger Capital Markets. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;7/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 27, p41
Focuses on financing chemical deals in 1999. Some of the chemical firms that tapped the capital markets in the first half of 1999; Why high-yield investors are interested for chemical issues; Factor that increased Lyondell's debt offering.
- Powerful Pension Funds Keep Corporate Canada In Check. Melnitzer, Julius // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 154, p22
Assesses the role of pension funds in the economy in Canada. Reputation of pension funds for being the largest pool of capital; Contribution of the funds in corporate financing; Tendency of pension funds to tap the prospects of investments into the financial markets.
- Untitled. Bourke, Joanna // Estates Gazette;12/13/2014, Issue 802, p03
The article reports that student housing provider UPP tapped the bond market to raise funds to be used to refinance its operational assets, with Macquarie Capital as adviser on the deal.
- Sasol to raise about 100 times its current debt to fund US$ 21 billion capital expenditure. // World Energy News;10/15/2013, p22
It has been reported that Sasol will tap the capital markets to raise about 100 times its current debt to fund its ambitious 21bn capital expenditure programme.
- Northrim of Alaska Plans to Fund Purchase Of Local B of A Branches with Stock Offering. Andrejczak, Matt // American Banker;3/26/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 58, p24
Reports that Northrim Bank will tap the public markets to raise fund for the acquisition of eight Alaska branches from BankAmerica Corp. Funds needed to maintain capital levels; Benefits from the branch acquisitions.
- DMT. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2094, p15
Focuses on dimethyl teraphthalate (DMT). Use of DMT in the fibre industry; Level of supply and demand in the DMT market; Technology and process involved in the manufacturing of DMT; Forecast on the market's growth prospects.
- Emerging Markets Roundup. Platt, Gordon; Guerrero, Antonio; Chaze, Aaron; Iskyan, Kim; Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p12
The article offers world news briefs related to emerging markets. Dubai's successful return to the international capital markets could help state-owned companies tap the Eurobond market. In September 2010, China's trade surplus declined to 16.9%. China offers financial assistance to Ghana to...
- A robust and profitable banking sector. // African Business;Nov2011, Issue 380, p32
The article presents information on the financial services industry in Kenya. Kenya's financial sector comprising banking, insurance, capital markets and pension funds is expected to increase savings and mobilise investment funds to implement the projects that are designed to accelerate growth...
- Peru. // Peru Country Monitor;Aug2011, p1
The August 24, 2011 issue of "Country Intelligence: Report" for Peru is presented. It forecasts the slow economic growth of the country to a still-robust 6.7% expansion in 2011 and in 2012 to 5.3% growth after a strong rebound in 2010. It predicts foreign direct investment (FDI) to be one of the...