- Para-xylene and PTA tight until expansions. Kim, Hyung-Jin // Chemical Week;9/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the status of the Korean market for purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and polyester. Shortage in PTA to last until 1996; Projected demand for PTA; Planned polyester expansions; Availability of raw material para-xylene; More.
- Concerns over eager PTA plans. Puri, Anjali; Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p7
Reports on the concerns of foreign investors over the planned purified terephthalic acid (PTA) investments by companies in China. Possible effect of the investments on raw-material costs and the demand-supply balance in the domestic PTA market; Projected increase in China's PTA imports in 2003;...
- FET picks Invista tech for Pudong PTA. // Asian Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 417, p29
Reports on the selection of Invista as the technology licensor of Far Eastern Textile (FET) for its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) project in Pudong, Shanghai, China. Annual capacity of the project; Competitors of Invista for the project; Plan of FET for the PTA project.
- Mitsubishi Affiliate Delays PTA Expansion. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p17
Reports that MCC PTA India, an affiliate of Mitsubishi Chemical, has delayed a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) expansion project later in 2002. Comments from Shotaro Goda, director of marketing at MCC PTA, about the PTA market; Start of the work on the planned expansion.
- More PTA mulled in Shaoxing. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 473, p19
Reports on the plan of Zhejiang Hualian Sunshine Petrochemical Co. and Zongheng Textile to build a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in Zhejiang, China. Projected capacity of the plant; Details of the project; Challenges facing the companies in venturing into PTA production.
- BP Delays PTA Project As Part of Cost-Cutting Effort. // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p20
Reports that BP has delayed plans to build a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in Europe by about one year. Minimum capacity of the PTA unit; Cost of the project; Reason for the postponement of the PTA project; Details on the restructuring of BP's chemical operations.
- Hualian to equip site for PTA installation. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 450, p31
Reports on the plan of Zhejiang Hualian Sunshine Petro-Chemical to provide equipment for its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) project at the plant site in Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China, before the start of the major installation. Capacity of the PTA project; Volume of the PTA production targeted by...
- BP Amoco Considers Options for Next Round of Projects. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/1/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 46, p25
Reports that BP Amoco Chemicals is examining options for increasing purified terepthalic acid (PTA) capacity in Asia. Plan of BP Amoco for PTA project at Zhuhai, China; Status of PTA in 1994-95; Plan announced by Amoco when it built the Kuantan plant in 1996.
- Hengyi ponders PTA in Ningbo. // Asian Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 400, p23
Reports on the delay in the construction of a p-terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in Ningbo, Zhejiang, China by the Zhejiang Hengyi Group. Factors that contribute to the delay; Details of the project; Other companies which plan to build PTA plants.
- Xiang Lu to expand PTA. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p19
Reports on the plan of Xiang Lu Petrochemical to expand its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant. Nameplate capacity of the PTA plant in Haicang, Xiamen, China; Role of Linde Gas Xiamen in the expansion project.