- Sabic profits slip with market downturn. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/1/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) in the first nine months of 1996. Decline in profitability due to lower international prices for the firm's petrochemical products; Production volume; Local sales of petrochemicals and plastics; Approval of expansion...
- Low oil price, gas shortage loom. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/12/2015, p5
The article reports on the decline in the petroleum prices in Mideast nations causing lower oil revenues, and shortage of gas for the petrochemical industry.
- Low oil can drive changes in Asia. Suratman, Nurluqman // ICIS Chemical Business;5/18/2015, Issue 3538, p1
The article discusses the efforts being made by Asia's petrochemical producers to increase competitiveness amid lower crude oil prices. Topics discussed include impact of drop in oil prices on the petrochemical industry, in petrochemical prices in the fourth quarter of 2014 and how declining...
- Asian Petchem Profitability Continues to Falter. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/2/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p13
Reports the economic condition of the petrochemical industry in Asia. Decline in the supplies of petrochemicals; Improvement in the operating rates; Decrease in the prices of petrochemicals.
- IG Petro's net profit declines despite higher PAN sales. // Paintindia;Mar2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p137
The article reports on the decline in the net profit of IG Petrochemicals Ltd. (IGPL) for the 3rd quarter of fiscal year 2011.
- China EO uptrend may continue. Loo, Felicia; Lin, Yeow Pei // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2015, Issue 3228, p1
The article focuses on forecasts regarding increase in prices of ethylene oxide (EO) in Chinese petrochemical market. It states that the increase in prices may be as a result of factors such as lower availability of cargoes and higher prices of raw material ethylene. It cites that supply of...
- US Petrochemicals Industry Struggling. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p9
Repots on the performance of the petrochemicals industry in the United States. Decline of the profitability of the industry; Increase in the prices of natural gas; Prices of petrochemicals.
- Commodity prices stable, polymers climbing slowly. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;11/24/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 20, p26
Reports on prices for basic petrochemicals and intermediates in Japan. Decline in production of ethylene; Trading prices in November, 1993 for petrochemical derivatives.
- 3 producers restart or up PA op rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 403, p24
Reports that Petrowidada, IG Petrochemicals and Thirumalai Chemicals either increased operating rates or restarted their phthalic anhydride plants following a recovery in phthalic acid prices. Restart of Petrowidada's plant in Indonesia; Increase in operating rate of IG Petrochemicals.
- Higher feedstocks dampen Q1 earnings. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/21/97, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the impact of higher energy feedstock costs on petrochemical producer's earnings in the United States for the first quarter of 1997. Percentage of the decline in sales; Operating profits; Increase in sales volume and strong pricing.