- Chhattisgarh hikes power tariff by 14 per cent. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;5/31/2015, p71
The article talks about the increase in power tariffs by the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission (CSERC) in Chhattisgarh, India and discusses the protests by consumers regarding the hike in power tariffs.
- Walkout stalls tariff hearing. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/3/2013, p1
The article reports on a walkout staged by members of the Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission during a two-day public hearing on power tariff petitions in Guwahati in Assam, India following protests against ban on media presence at the venue. It states that respondents at the hearing were...
- POWER TARIFF PROTEST. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);9/11/2015, p10
The article reports on the protest of democratic leaders against the high power tariff in Bengal, India in September 2015.
- Power tariff hike protest. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);6/20/2015, p10
The article reports on the convention of the People's Movement Against Power Tariff Hike to demand the withdrawal of the increase in tariff, making mandatory for consumer participation in rate revision decisions and restructuring of the power regulator in India in 2015.
- Plastic producers cry foul over rise in raw material prices. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2008, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p55
The article discusses the highlights of a meeting held by about 20 plastic manufacturers' associations in India with Reliance Industries officials to register their protest against frequent price increase in polymers, raw material for plastic manufacturing. Raju D. Desai, president of the...
- Protesters' Demands Expand from Free Fare to Fair Society. Carlsen, Laura // La Prensa San Diego;6/28/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p3
The article presents information on a protest by the people of Brazil against hike in the bus fare.
- Civil activists block central avenue in Yerevan. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;9/11/2015, p1
YEREVAN. Sept 11 (Interfax) - Activists to the No to Robbery civil movement protesting against the growth of electric power tariffs in Armenia have blocked the Bagramyan central avenue in Yerevan, where the presidential residence is located.
- Dozens industries closed after 57% power tariff hike. // Flare (Pakistan);Oct2013, p77
The article reports on the closure of dozens industrial plans in Pakistan following the 57% power tariff hike.
- Tanzania Electric threatens cut-offs. // International Power Generation;Mar2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
Reports plans of Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited to launch a power disconnection campaign in Tanzania. Campaign as a protest against accumulating huge power bills by government ministries, departments and other public departments; Concern of the government over its unpaid power bills;...
- Villagers, hisar residents organize bandh against power tariff hike. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;10/19/2015, p37
The article discusses a strike by farmers and businessmen organization 'Bijli Bill Ghatao Sangharsh Samiti' against power tariff hike, quotes BBGSS president Gautam Sardana, and reports Sirsa, Haryana villages resolution on not paying Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) utility bills.